or Connect

Posts by purposefuldoula

Tropicana- I'm right there with you! I'm about 31 weeks today, though I've still got 11 weeks left. nhklh- thanks for the link! I love everything about that!  With a "due date" of 12/3-5, I'm just hoping to not be pregnant by Christmas! Hope your day turns around, mama!  cielo- That is pretty awesome that you put your dog on dog-shaming! Love it!  Travelmumma- I'm getting mixed vibes from babe about when he will be here. Part of me is feeling super early December,...
Stegan, have you seen this yet?  Hope it makes you laugh! 
I really love a good fitting pocket sling for those first few weeks, but am not sure how that would feel on your back. I have a friend who swears by the k'tan, so I'm going to make one of those this time around to try.   A stretchy wrap is also really great for those first few months, & a woven wrap is great for both early use up to toddler age. You really would get a ton of use out of a woven wrap if you are able to get the hang of it and try a bunch of different...
I've got Christmas on my mind again today!  I mean, really= two months left to get everything done/made/wrapped/ & shipped out to everyone. We are keeping it low key, but it just all seems like a ton to do before hand.  Who has a leg up on Christmas making already?    Esp- thank you for your kind words on babe's positioning. He's just got a ton of room still and is wiggling all over. He's head down today and I've got so much more breathing room! I need to snap a...
Just wanted to pop over here and share a little bit about my prenatal from Tuesday. I went in with some concerns about baby's position- last week and the week before, I was sure he was flipping around from vertical to transverse. I was just in so much pain from his gymnastics in there!  Sure enough, during my belly massage, he went from head down, to transverse, to head down again!!   My MW is certified in the Arvigo massage and I get to have a little belly massage with...
Lulu - what a neat blanket! I'm excited to see how it turns out. I've never heard of double knitting before. Is it hard?    Cielo- thanks for the link. I'm sure it will come in handy!    Yesterday, I CO the Katniss sweater for DD1. She picked out the pattern. I'm loving all of the cables. It's going by pretty fast, as I'm about to split for the arms already. 
Here's the gift wrap romper I made for baby for next year in the 12 month size. I had to re-do so many parts to this thing, I thought I would never finish! It still needs buttons, so I'll have to get/add those tomorrow.  I've somewhat put off knitting for him for now. He has so many clothes/knits that he really is good to go.   
Jackies - yay for winning yarn!! I bet the fiber festival was super fun!    About weight- this is the first time I've had a midwife that just doesn't weigh me. It's been so super nice! I threw out my scale over a year ago because it was such a head game to me and I'm so glad I haven't went back. Not weighing has been super great this time around, too. I know I'm gaining a little bit, but am able to tell by feeling and space, rather than a number. Esp- hope this issue...
travelmumma- ((((biggest hugs ever)))) sent your way. I hope you get some answers. 
Here we are at 22, 26, & 30 weeks!!