or Connect

Posts by purposefuldoula

DH is getting his PhD in US religious history. He's in his 3rd year of grad school for that. Hopefully it's his last year for course work, then he'll have pre-lims, and after that he can just work on his dissertation.  We moved from the Sterling/Rock Falls/Dixon area, so I know where Geneseo is. We used to go there in high school for football games!    So doula-ing- I've been blessed with both super short births this year and not a whole ton of clients. That is a huge...
I'm from northern IL, about 2 hours west of Chicago and lived there my entire life up until two years ago. Do you all remember when the Holiday Inn's had Bennigan's attached to them? Well, I was a server at Bennigan's and DH was the front desk guy at the hotel. He would come over to get pepsi's on his breaks and I thought he was adorable, even though he wore clothes that were huge on him! 
Here we are at 29 weeks. I've been feeling huge over the last few days, as J's been laying either transverse or breech... Crazy how much different of a feeling this is! Both girls pretty much stayed head down for the last 15 weeks of their pregnancies.
I became a doula after the birth of my second daughter. My doula with her birth was amazing and I really felt at the time that I couldn't have birthed without her. She was the one who told me I was doing it when I said I couldn't do it any more.  I decided to pursue doula work so I could give back what was given to me. 
HA! She turns 3 on the 28th.      Harmony- I'm in the same boat as you, husband wise, for both my birth and the birth I'm on call for right now!  I just have no idea if he'll be able to leave work/school when I need him. It doesn't help that he's misplaced his phone twice in the last week and I had no way to get a hold of him for 5+ hours each time.    Speaking of vbacs - do any of you ladies have netflix? More of the Business of Being Born was just added to the instant...
I really think that motherhood has made me into the woman I wanted to be- though I never saw myself having children.  I didn't think I would love it so much and become the mama hen that I am. I was also one of those grumps that claimed to dislike children. Now that I have my own, I'm just so in love with them that I wince when I think about how I once thought about kids in general.  All of that being said, I really see our family complete with 4 children, though I'm not...
tropicana- I hear you about the whole pelvis issue. I had that separation pain for weeks before finally going to the chiropractor last week.  I've seen him twice, and it's helped SO much!! My main issue is trying to roll over in bed. If I don't do it with my legs together, it hurts so bad!!  Marilyn- my heartburn has been creeping back over the last few days. Makes me sad :( So, I'm back taking papaya again. I'm so interested in the acupuncture thought! I never thought...
Alrighty, then!   Hi ladies!! I'd like to start with saying I love this group!! You all are just so amazing and inspiring and I'm so thankful to have you all to come back and read through when I need a pick me up! There's some sort of connection in this group that many online groups just don't have. Thank you all for just being the kind and awesome mamas that you all are!    So, I'm Natalie. I'm always making something- a bit of a nester. I'm married to Aaron,...
oh man- sleep sure does suck sometimes!! I've upped my calcium/magnesium combo and added a banana at bedtime- just to ward off the restless leg syndrome. That's what I have the most problem with. I read recently that around 26% of pregnant mamas get that!  I also saw the chiropractor on Monday, so that has helped with the pubic bone pain I've been having.    I wonder about sleeping in a reclined position, though. I've heard that it's not the best position for baby...
Kelly- your stuff will be on the way tomorrow! I just have now, what I call the ''kelly bag'' where I've been throwing everything in to send you before I get to the post office to get a box. I'm just going to grab a few so I have them around the house.    Jen- My Addy had hiccups ALL THE TIME and was 15 days post due. So, in our case, that tale does not hold true! I'm also itching to start on baby's quilt, but seem to have so many other things that need to be done first....