or Connect

Posts by purposefuldoula

Kate- The footies!!!!! LOVE!! 
I'm home!! We got back yesterday and it feels like we are doing this, (the coming home/adjusting) again for the first time... it's all a little strange. I still can't believe and am processing the last week. In all honesty, I'm a little pissed off about everything that has happened, (minus the actual having Judah part.)     This morning I started on my oral antibiotics and one of them made me so sick! I had my mom look at them, (she's an RN,) and she said they put me...
Hey ladies, just wanted to update, now that we've started cd'ing over here. So far, I've only been using prefolds with snappls and thirsties covers with Judah and they are working great in this early time!  I'm probably going to be washing diapers once a day for a while, since he poops SO much! I have over 20 in my stash and am down to 5 left in less than 24 hours. Also, I'm not having to use too many wipes, since he's so small and I'm just using a clean part of the...
Hey mamas!!    I feel like I lost the last week with being in labor for so long then ending up back in the hospital. I don't know who all isn't on the fb group where I posted already about this, but around 12:30 am yesterday, I landed in the ER with a pretty serious infection in my uterus. So, I've been here for the last two days on IV antibiotics. Judah hasn't left yet, (minus the walk he took with DH in the moby,) and I feel pretty great. I'm praying that he...
awww, mamas     
Hiya ladies!! So, after 60 hours of active labor, transferring to the hospital around 53 hours, and breaking a million hospital protocals, Judah Emerson was born into my hands in my hail mary move of the end of his birth story. I'll write up a birth story SOON, as I haven't slept since about 11pm Monday night for about two hours, right before I went into labor.    Here's his stats:  Judah Emerson, 8lbs, 7oz, 20 inches long, born at 40 weeks, 1 day, at 12:15pm on...
Thank you ladies for the positive support!!! I SO need it right now!!   Another update, because I'm still going over here! Judah is making his way down, slowly but surely. I'm feeling tons better, with some wine and lots of food today. My mw just came back over about an hour ago and we started on B & B cohosh. I decided that no matter what, I'm going to be tired tonight, so bring it on!  I, (yes, the one who swears off cervical checks,) asked her to check me just for...
Just wanted to update you all- I'm hitting my 33 hour of "active" labor and I'm just so exhausted. My midwives and doula stayed the night last nigh, even!  Right now contractions are coming about every 8 -4 minutes apart, depending on my position, and lasting about 50 seconds to 1:30. Babe is in a great position, but just hasn't descended all the way down. You guys know I'm a doula and know how educated I am about positioning! This is the first babe of mine that I've...
Ladies, can you all send some positive vibes my way? I've been up and in active labor pretty much since 1am this morning and am still only having super strong, intense, long contractions a few minutes apart. I lost my plug last week, and have yet to have srom. I'm just exhausted at this point. DH has been with me the whole time, and my mw did come over once to check babes heart rate. Everything looks great, I'm just at a loss as to why I'm taking so long this time around. 
Emmagrace- Congratulations!! What a tiny little girl!! I'm so glad you are home and all doing great!    Smerkin- Congratulations, too! I hope you get to be with William soon!! xoxo