or Connect

Posts by MotoMom

I couldn't imagine my hometown devastated by a hurricane - mostly because it's landlocked (yeah haha, I'm so hilarious, right?) - I would be so devastated. I come from a family of builders and a home means a lot to me. The one my parents have now was built by my dad, brother and I when I was sixteen and is really, really special to all of us.   CD- I've actually started doing disposables at night, too! I still do cloth during the day, but disposables at night is...
Oh! I forgot there even was such a thing as plan B. That just makes me laugh even harder at myself. I just picture in my head going to the pharmacy for Plan B as something I'd be doing during a "walk of shame" after a wild night in college, not as a dead sober, happily married, "responsible" mother. Oh man, I'm special. 
Oh! One thing that really makes a difference with the new carseat is that it comes far enough forward that the back kind of sits between the two front seats, so when he starts to get fussy, I can sort of "rock" it up and down enough to calm him. 
Quick post just to update - Hank did awesome! Slept almost the entire way. We only stopped once to change and feed. He does SO good in the Marathon. I bought one of those little cushions that hooks on the straps and makes a U-shape over his head from Target and he seems so comfortable. The shoulder straps are great! Hank is a huge kid, so there might be a difference. I kept laughing because I'd look back at him in his little mirror and I'd see little arms floating up and...
I had the tear from hell that I ended up massaging a golf-ball-sized hematoma out off and it healed beautifully doing lots of sitz baths with epsom salts, lavender oil and tea tree oil. It was definitely good by five weeks so I can't imagine that yours hasn't healed by now. One thing that my midwife mentioned was that sometimes after a tear, you can have a spot that's painful because of the way the nerves heal. I'm pretty sure she said that if that happens, she just...
Hey, congratulations on the job opportunity and good luck to you two in your travels! Hank and I are attempting our first road trip today. Four hour drive to Colorado to go visit with friends and family for a week. I'm hoping everything goes well. We got a new car seat that he doesn't seem to mind much and I'm timing it so that we leave around his usual nap time. I hope it works out!!
What are your favorite carriers and carries? How much of your day do you spend wearing baby? How do you negotiate breastfeeding and changing? I wanna hear the scoop! I'm still figuring all of this stuff out.   So I have a New Native pouch and it's my most used when I'm out running errands because its easiest to slip baby in and out of and to pop a boob in his mouth while I do my thing. I also have a ring sling but I haven't spent much time with it and I'm not sure...
So I think I have it figured out. Hank is allergic to almonds. Ugh. Pretty much the worst possible scenario for a Paleo mama. There go my favorite snack of almond butter and apples, my Larabars, paleo pancakes and all of my beloved baked goods! Plus tree nut allergies are something kids don't usually grow out of. So bummed, but happy to have figured it out. I haven't had almonds in about three days and his poo has been perfect for the first time since he was a few days...
Miranda - Sorry about the spill! I hope it's not too serious. I think my stair incident traumatized me but probably in a good way. I'm constantly picturing myself pulling some awful clutzy move and damaging my son. It makes me super careful.   The best laid plans... - I haven't blow-dried my hair in months. DH digs the wild hair - or so he claims - so I'm rocking it. I've entertained the idea of busting out the blow dryer several times but never got any further than...
The boy slept eight solid hours last night!! I totally flipped out! Today was our six week checkup with the midwife (he's actually 7 weeks tomorrow) and things are looking pretty good, considering. I do have some prolapse issues going on - both rectocele and cystocele. No incontinence or anything, but pooing is a little bit trickier than it used to be. If I bear down, the pressure is kind of diverted into my vaginal wall. Lame, but not horrible. I guess I'll be trying...