or Connect

Posts by MotoMom

I feel better about things now and hope you other mamas having a hard time out there can find some relief too. DH washed the dog and made me dinner last night. Then treated me to BBQ with some extra "allowance" money he had tonight. (we do the Dave Ramsey thing and budget allowances for ourselves) So it was really good once I got over my whole hangup of putting more on his plate and actually sat down and talked to him about my needs. He really listened!   Sex- Ugh. I...
Oh, man. This has just been a tough week all around! Jend, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss. Two years ago, I went through that and it's one of the hardest things to have to make the decision to say goodbye to your loyal friend of so many years. It's just not fair that they can't live as long as we do. I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.   Thank you everyone for the helpful and supportive comments. I feel better about things this morning and I...
*Disclaimer* I just started writing and all of this came pouring out. I didn't realize I had so much to vent. Feel free to skip the novel. I think it just helped to write it out.   I'm lonely I guess. Maybe verging on depressed. Definitely irritable. I've taken to moping on the couch all day these last few days, bingeing on carbs, sleeping during the day and staying awake all night. DH works six days a week, comes home at night, works until bedtime and then goes to...
I'm reading Ina May's Guide To Childbirth right now and the beginning is just filled with all of these empowering stories of women birthing their babies naturally. I highly recommend it! As a first time mom doing an out-of-hospital birth, I really worry sometimes, too. Just thinking about all of the different difficulties that can arise and the not knowing how my body will respond or how I'll handle it mentally can be pretty nerve-wracking if I let myself go...
I was struggling with depression earlier in this pregnancy and one of the suggestions I came across was that this may be a time to "chase the ghosts out of the nursery." Meaning that there may be issues from the past to sort out before the baby comes. I ended up learning more about some major issues I had never resolved and actually being able to share them with DH for the first time. This was a few months ago and I haven't had a depressive episode since then. Other...
MirandaM, I do the same thing with recipes. I'll look different things up and then just get creative. Sometimes I find a really good recipe and actually follow it. Like tonight I made my own version of pork barbacoa salad and found a dressing recipe that was absolutely delicious! Tomatillos, cilantro, lime, buttermilk, and homemade paleo mayo with spices, etc.   DH and I try to stick to a modified paleolithic/primal diet (which sometimes makes for some long hours in...
Worldshakerz, do you know anyone who is a mechanic or handy with cars at all? You need to have someone else call for you so that whatever BS that guy is trying to feed you doesn't fly! Does the car have aluminum heads? Aluminum heads will warp any time the car overheats and if you have a messed up thermostat, that would cause the car to overheat. Thermostats are cheap to replace. Heads, not so much - you can sometimes take them to a machine shop to see if it can be...
  I can totally relate!    Also, your love story is fantastic. It's great when you take that leap of faith and know it's just the right thing to do even if other people think it sounds crazy!   What are some of the big differences in culture in Switzerland and what was the biggest adjustment for you?   Also, what is the birthing culture like there?
Ascher, I wish I had been taking pictures every two weeks but I always forget to!   Miss E, I just used the natural light from the sun coming up through the window facing toward my front and turned the flash off on my camera. Then mess with the contrast and brightness on it until you get it where you want with the right balance of dark to light.
I LOVE the bathtub shot! It's so cool to see all of the different shapes and sizes our bellies are, too. You guys all look fantastic!    So I was inspired to take something all flattering in B&W! Especially now that I found a swimsuit top that doesn't make my boobs look like the punch line to a bad joke. Also, the cottage cheese factory that is my bottom these days is so not flattering, so I made sure to get a picture that highlights the things that I LOVE about my...