or Connect

Posts by MotoMom

Oh! I would be LIVID! Lying like that is completely and utterly disrespectful. I would message her back and make sure you get the entire story. If he's disrespecting you behind your back, he's behaving like a complete dirt bag. Some guys think that just because they "wouldn't do anything" with another woman, it makes bad behavior like this okay. Flirting with another woman in a way that's more than just friendly conversation is EXTREMELY disrespectful. Now if there's an...
It's amazing the choices we can make when blinded by our first love at such a young age. But life goes on as it always will and the things you learn then shape the person you are now!         How did you and DH meet?   What is your favorite maternity wear?   What is something you've accomplished that makes you proud?    
For those of you having your first and the rest of you looking back on it, what kinds of mental changes did you go through? DH and I were talking the other day about some of the odd ways we're starting to think about and react to things differently.   We watch a fair amount of motocross/supercross racing and DH confessed that suddenly he can't watch the wrecks. It never bothered him before this, and now it practically makes him sick to his stomach! As for myself, I...
I'm curious to see if I get stretch marks. I have a few faint ones on my breasts from when I was a teenager and my mom said that she got a lot of them with her pregnancies, so I'm probably prone to them. I just think of the meme that has a picture of stretch marks on a woman's stomach and says something along the lines of "I'm a tiger who earned these stripes!" 
Quick note on the shoes: my favorite kind of sandal that makes big feet look cute are in this general...
Yay! So happy you don't even have to worry about it! Too bad you had to stress over it in the first place. Good thing we don't live in a country where female circumcision is the norm, too!!
Oh, yikes! I never heard about the formaldehyde thing! I'll have to look into that before I drink any more. Yes, some of them are not very good. I suppose I should have mentioned the brand I like: Buckler. It taste like a lot of European beers; it's made by Heineken. But here a link for a taste test. It rated #3 http://www.11points.com/Food-Drink/11_Non-Alcoholic_Beers,_Taste_Tested I haven't tried one and two, but they look really good!
Ewww, *vomit* I can't stand how people think it's okay to criticize out loud what you put in your body. Keep those opinions to yourselves! A little caffeine is going to do a lot less than a whole host of other bad habits. I totally agree with the glass of wine on occasion. And this may seem funny, because there's almost no alcohol, but I really enjoy a non-alcoholic beer, too! Maybe because I used to relax after work with a beer, just the act of drinking it is associated...
Erika, what is the Canadian culture around homebirth? I get the impression that Canadians are more open than a lot of people here in the US. Have you ever had to deal with negative comments from friends about your choice to homebirth?   And a tall-mama question: Do you have big feet and did they grow with your pregnancies? I wear a size 11 and I LOVE all of my super cute shoes! I had a hard enough time tracking them down in the first place. I'm terrified that my feet...
Miss E: I just wanted to put something else out there that might help your case, too, seeing as how one son is circed and if you have another, you'd like him to be different. My DH has four brothers and he's the only one who is intact. You'd think kids would notice the difference, right? Well none of them had any idea! Apparently kids just don't pay that close of attention to each other's penises. When I think back, I know that I saw both my brother and my dad naked when...