or Connect

Posts by pek64

Wow! I'm speechless.
One more thing. I think a parent's job is to be the safe haven, so much sure you don't get caught up in competing with other parents and pushing your child to stay ahead of the rest. Not saying you have. Just giving you the heads up to that trap that parents sometimes stumble into.
One thousand a month is not much for rent, food, utilities and transportation. Homeschooling on little to no money is doable, but I'm not sure about the rest. Although I don't know what the cost of living in your area. You would know that much better than I. What is *your* feel on that subject?
Rush Hour is a traffic jam game. Different vehicles are between the red car and the exit, and you have to move the other vehicles (cars, trucks, and or buses) out of the way so the red car can exit. There are cards that show the jam on the front, and the solution on the back. Each deck of cards has four categories : beginner, intermediate, advanced, and expert.
If truly unhealthy foods were not available, this would be less of an issue. Isn't it true, for example, that trans fats are illegal in some countries? If trans fats are banned, and high fructose corn syrup banned, or at least limited, and other improvements made to the foods available, then we wouldn't need to be checking what parents are feeding to their children, as closely, anyway. And if black market food items became available, then it would be clearer that the...
No problem about the lack of quoting. I just saw the potential that my remarks could have been interpreted differently than I intended and wantes to try to clarify. We did the same with the mysteries, and loved David Suchet (not sure of the spelling) as Hercule Poirot. Agatha Christie books are favorites, as well. And we compare the book to the movie or show to see what was changed, etc. I'm wondering if anyone else's child(ren) enjoyed Rush Hour. We bought extra decks...
You know this car, and the other one is unknown as far as what repairs may be needed in the near future. Also, the one you have has less mileage, so it is the better value. Consider insurance costs and coverage, which I didn't when I first answered. Over 100,000 miles there's an increased chance of transmission trouble, or so I've been told. My gut response is simply you know what you have invested in this car, whereas the other is an unknown of more mileage. I'd prefer...
I've thought about this carefully, and here's what's troubling me. You trusted grandma until recently, so completely that you allowed overnight visits, or am I wrong about that. So.... what happened to damage that trust? Your daughter cried when the visit was over? Is that what started you thinking she shouldn't be trusted as much anymore? If that's the turning point, then I think you need to understand that your daughter's behavior was age appropriate, and has nothing to...
Unless the car needs more repairs, I'd stick with the one you have.
I'm not suggesting putting a spotlight on thinking processes, in case anyone got that idea from my cryptic answers. I just think having games and books around that encourage thinking is good. And as for discussions, I talk about everything, so there has never been a feel of spotlighting anything in particular. I prefer to make decisions by thinking out loud, and asking for feedback, so my son always chimed in with his ideas. If I thought his idea had merit, I would try it....