or Connect

Posts by Noah's mommy

I haven't been on here in forever!  Congratulations to all the new toddlers and to those of you expecting again!  I can't believe my Stella girl is 15.5 months now!  We just survived our move to Mumbai, India in July and are finally settled with our shipments, a car, and unpacking our apartment.  It has been crazy, but things are smoothing out.  Stella is starting to say a few words that are clear, but even without she gets her point across!  Today she actually pushed me...
Thanks , MJB...that's exactly what I needed to hear and the encouragement I needed to let Stella have at it at mealtime!  She LOVED the pesto pasta we had tonight!
I wonder what everyone's babe's eating looks like these days?  Stella is really interested in feeding herself (we haven't specifically done baby-led weaning up to this point) and she seems to want something to eat everytime we sit down at the table.  We try and sit her in her chair with us for meal times and finger foods keep her occupied.  I need some ideas!    We just came back from 5 days in Patagonia and Buenos Aires.  Stella was AMAZING!  I was so worried before...
I too am having sleep issues!  Stella is a good sleeper during the day, but at night..ayeyaeyae!!!  Terrible.  Last night the "calling" started at 2:45.  She stands in her crib and basically "yells" for  me.  She's not crying, she doesn't want to eat...she just wants me!  I am a terrible co-sleeper so I am not sure how to best deal with this!  It is sort of cute, but not so much at 2:45.  It went on, off and on, until 5:30-my alarm goes off at 6.  That was the worst of...
Since giving birth to our third child seven months ago my marriage has been strained.  We seem to be in a constant cycle of bitterness, resentment, blame, and frustration with each other.  I realize much of this could be due to personal issues of my own, but I am wondering if you see us breaking out of this cycle and moving on for the better or not?   We do love each other and have three amazing kids to fight for.   Thank you.
I was a June momma but Stella came on July 4th!  She's a sweet babe but I will admit I've had some growing pains going from two fairly independent little ones to the baby stage all over again!  I think it is particularly noticeable because we travel A LOT and that is super different with a babe.  Nevertheless, she's a sweet thing.  She's almost sitting unassisted, but spends most of her time crawling everywhere.  She goes from crawling to kind of side sitting, but not...
I will pm you.  I had a great homebirth with Marcia.  I started seeing her at 24 weeks, but saw an OB she practices with before that.  I wish I would have seen her sooner!  You could see her after your insurance kicks in...I didn't see the OB until 12 weeks.  Maternity clothes....someone else can maybe help.  I brought mine back from the States or had my mom send some I ordered.  I was also very sick and managed to stay in a lot of my summer dresses for a long...
We are headed to Mumbai in late July!  We will be teaching in an int'l American school and relocating with our 3 children.  I am excited, but getting a bit of cold feet about the whole experience.  I am ridiculously nervous about the flight there!   I'd love to hear about life in India from any one who is there!
We moved abroad when my kids were 4 and 2.  We've been in Brazil for 3 years and will move again (this time to India) with my now 7, 5, and 1  year old.  I think the most important thing will just be setting up a home that is comfortable for you and your family.  Kids and babies thrive on routines and you will find one in your new home as well.  Of course, it takes time, but you will find a new one!  I am more worried about the flight with the 1 year old!    We...
We travel ALOT with our 6 month old-she's been on 5 international flights and 4 domestic flights already!  I think anywhere is possible, but have, as someone else suggested, realistic expectations and think ahead about what to bring.  You don't want to cart around too much but you want to have what you need when you need it.  Be prepared to have a slower pace and break for naps as needed.  It isn't worth pushing it too much with a baby.  Cranky baby=Not so fun vacation.