or Connect

Posts by Tattoomom

Quote: Originally Posted by Th1Th2 All vaccines are notorious for induced-neutropenia. Just be very careful. REALLY?! Can you please give me more information on this? I've looked online but cannot find much to support it. I was only planning to do DTaP at first. I was very skeptical of the others. But for some reason, I worried about her getting Pertussis
Quote: Originally Posted by medusaatemydog I think it's time to see another doctor ... if i wasn't getting answers by the second visit the next day someone else would be looking at her... and if it was a cause of the vaccine the doctor will deny deny deny... giving a vaccine and an antibiotic on top of that is very hard on a small baby... you have to give some probiotics... vaccines tend to destroy natural flora and enzymes... digestive system is 80 % of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandynee22 Kind of makes me wish I lived anywhere near there LOL That is awesome :
Quote: Originally Posted by mama1803 I'm a bit confused--your original post stated she was unvaxed, hence the trip to the ER. Well, she's had 2 DTaP's... that's it. Her Ped. sent us to the ER worried since she's unvaxed against Hib or Prevnar. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my first post.
Quote: Originally Posted by WuWei Was she vaccinated within 30 days before the fever onset? Pat Yes, 5 days before the fever, she had her 2nd DTaP. But I should say, both my older kids got sick at that time as well, but no fever.
delete
sent to pm
Can Pseudomonas Aeruginosa cause fever and/or whacky blood work?
Quote: Originally Posted by ToastyToes How stressful! I'm sorry. I'm not a doctor/expert, but the initial high readings do seem in line with an infection. P. aeruginosa is an opportunistic pathogen. Had she been run down over the past couple of months, or had any other illnesses prior to the onset of the discharge/fevers? I think repeating the blood work in a week is a very good idea. Hopefully, it's just taking a bit longer for her body to...
Quote: Originally Posted by gsd1amommy When they did the culture of her discharge, did they do a sensitivity? That would tell what antibiotics would be effective for treating the Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. I am NOT a microbiologist but I can say that I don't think one shot of Rocephin is going to knock that out. If I remember from my research when my son had a nasty infection, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa is very damaging to tissue and can become systemic. I...