or Connect

Posts by tropicana74

Hi mamas! I thought I would start the weekly thread this week! So, how about a roll call? I am having a hard time keeping up with who is still waiting to have their babies! How are the postpartum mamas doing? It has been slow around here so imagine it is because one handed typing is difficult!    MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the December mamas...those holding babies and those about to be. I am anxious to see how many 12/25 babies we get. 
Mamadiamond, great birth story! Her name is beautiful! Welcome baby Valencia! 
Congratulations annaka! I think I was nursing when I saw you post on FB so I didn't get a chance to respond. Our little ones were born the exact same size! 
Aaaw, congratulations Edensmama! So glad you got to have Brantley with fewer interventions! Great size for an early baby too!
Yea, my LO's tend to be really big weight gainers in the first 6 months and then slow down. I can't remember all of their weights at certain months but I remember DD1 gaining a pound in her first week of life (I remember the LC laughing when I said I was afraid she wasn't getting enough). And DS1 was 7#11oz at birth and weighed 20 pounds by 4 months. I just don't remember either of them doing this every hour thing!
OH MY GOODNESS! Anyone else's baby doing the every hour feeding schedule? I know they have a growth spurt between 2-3 weeks but this has been going on for a week now. I thought these growth spurts only lasted 2-3 days. Marcus will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. He was born at 8 pounds even and weighs 10-1/2 pounds now! All.he.does.is.eat!! I am glad he is healthy and happy but I am so, so tired from nursing all night. I wonder when/if he will outgrow this phase!?! I would...
Sorry, probably not what you want to hear but I would wash the clothes again.    Marcus had peely hands/wrists and feet/ankles. I lathered him up with coconut oil every couple of days but I can't say that it made much difference. I think the skin just needed to come off and now that it has peeled off it looks like beautiful baby skin again. 
Yeah Ginger!!!!!    So, so happy to read this! I have been anxious to hear how things went for you both. She is a great size...can't wait to see her sweet face! 
LOVE this!
Congratulations!!