or Connect

Posts by tropicana74

Aw, those are sweet! I recognize those baby shoes from your first video right?
Hi! I am new here. DH and I have always considered ourselves minimalists (much to my MIL's disappointment...not only does she like stuff, she like expensive stuff)! :-) I am happy to see that there is a group of moms here who get me...I too experience feelings of anxiety and stress when there is too much stuff in my living space.   Anyway, that brings me to my question. I am due next month...our fourth (and final) baby. I have been agonizing about cloth diapering...
AlaskAnne, instead of (or in addition to) a sitz bath I would REALLY recommend a squirt bottle (aka peri bottle) of water and a spray of some sort (purchased or homemade) of something soothing like a witch hazel or lavender in it. I really never felt like I had the energy/want/need/time to take a bath postpartum. The squirt bottle of warm water was priceless for spraying on during and after peeing (because it will burn)!  I can't remember if you are birthing at home...
I think that I am starting to hit THAT point. You know, I look and feel really pregnant but know that I am nowhere near having this LO. With dd I had no stretch marks, with ds I got a couple down low when I went 40+ weeks, today I noticed I have several new ones already at 37 weeks! Also, the veins on my breasts are so, so dark today...like a freakin' road map of dark purple and blue all over my chest, really uncomfortable BH every 3-5 minutes off and on all day, can't...
BaileyB, I remember you! So glad to hear that you are pregnant and things are going well. Thanks for checking in and giving us an update! 
That sounds normal. I would probably feel the same way too. Sorry you are having to deal with this.    That is always my concern too when I hear about abx treatment prior to or during labor. I have seen too many mamas end up with thrush right off the bat because of the abx.  I am glad Kaiser has become more baby-friendly. I was actually born in Kaiser in Walnut Creek (that was the only one around back in 1974)! I think my mom had 5 out of 6 of her kids there. She had...
Nope, it's not out the window. If it were me I would still stay home and labor as long as possible (unless of course you were dealing with other issues that Mamabeakley pointed out ~ pre-term, prolonged rupture of membranes, or signs of infection).  If you aren't there in time, then you aren't there in time....nothing anyone can do about it. The chance of baby getting this are SUPER slim if you have no other factors. And, they can't MAKE your baby stay either. It is your...
Oh and since I am on the topic of food again...am I the only one who has become kind of food obsessed again? I feel like I can't get online or flip through a magazine without seeing a recipe that I HAVE to have. I will say that a lot of my cooking went out the window when I got pregnant....not feeling well plus DH working afternoons and nights led to me just feeding me and the kids the basics but man oh man am I back in the cooking mood! Last week we went to some new...
Glad you liked the cookies! I just pulled the last batch from the oven. DH and I are fussy about warm cookies so whenever I make a batch of dough we keep it in the fridge and make a new batch every night of 6,8,12 or however many we want. I am glad the dough is gone. I can tell those are trouble for me....I haven't been back on the scale since the day I made them....I don't even want to know!  As far as frozen dough goes, I usually set the balls on a cookie sheet and let...
Aaaaaw, congratulations! Our first "December" baby! So glad you are both home and doing so well!