or Connect

Posts by tropicana74

I am 37 but will be turning 38 before this LO is born (DH will be almost 44). My DH will be almost 50 when this LO starts kindergarten! Some of our friends will already be grandparents by then!!    This pregnancy is kicking my butt and I am wondering if it is because I am older this time? My first was born when I was 28, second when I was 34. I just don't remember feeling this sick and this tired.    I don't feel "older" than I did with my last pregnancy though....
You are very lucky! The birthing "climate" around here IMO is terrible. I am new to the area and am dreading even starting to see an OB. I feel like I need to have a back up for just in case but I am hoping to see him MINIMALLY during this pregnancy. I am still not sure if I am going to tell him that I am doing a home birth. I really feel like they are so close minded around here that he could do something crazy like turn me in for medical neglect or something.  But,...
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I can say that each one seems to get worse as far as the nausea goes.  This time it kicked in before I was even 5 weeks! One thing that does help me is the "Sea-Bands". They are the wrist bands that have a little button that push on your pressure points that relieve nausea. They were bothering my wrists last night so I took them off and within 10 minutes the nausea was back in full!!   I did do the 1/2 Unisom + Vit B6 last time (from...
My due date is the 10th too and I thought 12/12/12 would be a cool b-day but since I tend to go late something tells me I will go past the 12th.  My DS was due on 8/31/09 and when I went late (and later and later) my DH really wanted me to induce so DS could have a 9/9/09 birthday. I just couldn't bring myself to do it (especially for such a dumb reason)!! 
LittleGriff, our insurance doesn't cover it either. Actually I would have had a homebirth with my last but since we had good medical coverage I figured it didn't make sense to pay out of pocket for a midwife. And then after the birth when all the bills starting trickling in and we paid our portion to the hospital, OB, pediatrician we ended up spending what we would have spent on a homebirth with a midwife! I was so bummed. So this time we are definitely doing out of...
I have been fascinated with homebirthing since I was like 8 (my moms friend had a home birth and I was hooked on the idea)! I have started my phone interviews with midwives and am doing my first official interview tomorrow with a midwife team!   My first 2 births were quick, natural hospital births with no interventions or complications. Since this will be my last birth I am determined that it will be a homebirth. And actually my last labor was 2 hours start to...
This is actually how I told DH I was pregnant. I said I needed to go get a snack because I am eating for 3 now!   I am happy to see so many other nursing moms on here! My son is 31 months and LOVES his "nursies" though I have seen a big decline in the last month or so. Last month I had just had enough of the night feedings....I was tired and I figured at 2-1/2 he was certainly old enough to learn how to go back to sleep without me as his pacifier. He still nurses about...
Yeah! I am so happy to see the December 2012 forum up and running. I had popped on last week when I got my + but this wasn't up yet! I am a mom to 3. My oldest DD (8) came along after a 2 year journey of IF, we then started doing foster care and adopted our second DD (5) and then we got our totally natural surprise baby boy (2) and are SO SHOCKED to be pregnant again! My due date is December 10th but I have gone late with both pregnancies. I am planning on having a...