or Connect

Posts by mrsavery

Hi Ladies,  I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had blood in their early colostrum? I have been leaking colostrum for quite some time, as I was breastfeeding when I found out I was pregnant, and things never really dried up all the way, but I have switched to colostrum instead of milk over the last several weeks. I noticed about a week ago some dark reddish, almost rust-colored discharge coming out with the colostrum. I'm thinking its blood but I don't know. It's...
Hello, everyone!  It's hard to believe I am even joining a DDC again, but here I am! I have a son who is 8 months old (tomorrow!) and I am 11 weeks 1 day pregnant! We are guessing a due date around June 8th. This is my 4th pregnancy, with my first two ending in m/c. I'm just stunned that I'm even here, lol. We were thinking that we would like our kiddos to be close together, but now that it's really happening I think I'm a little overwhelmed. If this baby goes full term...
WELL...We've had quite the week! I went in for my 36 week checkup on Tuesday, March 19th, and found out that I had, over the weekend, developed high blood pressure, gained 5 pounds, and had lots of protein in my urine. Baby looked fine, but I WAS NOT. So we headed to the hospital for observation. I was totally freaking out at this point, because I knew how things looked, and I was most likely not going to get my chance at a natural birth. They kept me all afternoon,...
So, today was a pretty big day: I'm pretty sure my baby, who was breech until earlier this week, dropped down into my pelvis. I can BREATHE and EAT! Also, this morning, I'm pretty sure I lost my mucus plug. I am 34 weeks 6 days. I'm wondering if that is a reflection of how much time I have left- am I really going to go another 5 or 6 weeks? Anyone else have any exciting action going on?
Hmm, I will have to try some stretching and such and see if that helps. Thanks! :)
So far three out of four days this week I have been suffering from a terrible stomach ache! At first I was trying not to be alarmed, because I figured it would go away...but this is 48 hours+ of discomfort, and I'm not sure there's much of anything I can do about it! It feels like I'm just too full...and not eating/eating small meals doesn't help, because then I just feeling STARVING on top of it.   I think it might be a constipation/gas/heartburn combo, but it is NOT...
Just found out: no more progesterone for me! Yay! It only took til the third trimester...but I think my body is finally convinced that the baby is here to stay, LOL. I'm hoping some of the nausea and tiredness that I have been experiencing FOREVER could partly be to blame on the progesterone...so going off it for the first time in almost a year will be an interesting change. Although maybe since I am making enough of my own progesterone, I won't notice a difference....
I worked as a RN in two different L&D departments that were TERRIBLE when it came to incorporating birth plans, and accepting people who wanted intervention free labors and births. The nurses would sit at the nurse's station and watch everyone (EFM strips) up on the big screen, and snicker and make fun. And these were supposedly "family birthing centers" and "baby friendly." The midwives rarely had better attitudes. After being on that side of things, I really have no...
Is it possible at this age for them to interact with us? Before I went to bed last night, I had my usual cup of hot tea, and I rested it on my belly. Sure enough, Baby repeatedly kicked right where the warm mug was resting!  And then from about 1 am to 2:30 am, I was laying awake getting kicked, and we kind of had a little game going. At first he/she was kicking me wherever I placed the stethoscope. Then I started pushing where I thought his feet were, and if I pushed...
I have all the usual "common" complaints, as well- RL pain, nausea, heartburn, uncomfortable for more than two seconds laying down in bed, not sleeping, ITCHING that is driving me nuts. But the biggest thing I am having to deal with is being pregnant with type 1 diabetes- it sort of sucks. No, it really sucks. Normally, as your baby grows, your body kicks out more insulin to compensate, and keeps your blood sugars level. Since I have no insulin, I have to guess how much...