or Connect

Posts by mrsavery

I think we had a thread going about Braxton Hicks contractions, but I haven't seen it up for awhile and was too lazy to go find it, LOL. I have been experiencing what I think may be B.H. for a few days- I am 17 weeks today, and all of the "baby book" info I've found doesn't really mention early contractions before 20 weeks, at the earliest. They are mostly painless, but my uterus balls up and is really firm, sometimes for a few minutes. I really don't want to call the...
I have also been feeling what I would call sharp pain- usually lower and on one side or the other. It is not constant, but usually occurs in several short bursts throughout the day, and then not again for several days. Along with that I have felt definite stretching and pulling (especially if I squat and then stand up fast!) which I recognized quickly as the round ligament pain...I guess what I am trying to say is I THINK what I am feeling is just normal stretching and...
Thanks for all the advice, ladies! I was actually thinking of doing the garlic thing- but I hadn't actually heard of it being done before, I thought I was just going to be experimenting! Glad to know I was on the right track. And I didn't even think of witch hazel, DUH! And, with my nausea, I cut out my probiotic caps so that it would be one less thing to swallow...but perhaps I should start them up again. Okay, I am feeling better, now I know what to try if it starts...
I was wondering if anyone had any tips for clearing up a vaginal yeast infection- I've tried 3 different creams over the last week and I thought it was better...then it came back to me full force yesterday, and I can barely walk I am burning so bad! I have had them in the past and always took oral fluconazole, but it is a Class C drug and I really hesitate to take it while pregnant, even though the doc said it was okay. Any ideas? Thanks!!
I'm 16w as well...and not feeling it either. Honestly, I didn't EXPECT to feel it til 20 weeks, but since so many people have felt it earlier, I was hoping to, too. But...it WILL happen. And about 5 months from now we are going to feel bruised on the inside and wishing we DIDN'T feel it, LOL.
Oh, I hope things start looking up for us soon! (I feel sort of pressured to feel better, because everyone is just saying, "oh, wait til you're HUGE and then let's see how you feel!") But I have hit the 16 week mark, and I want to say the last couple of days have been a little better. The nausea is not as pesky in the mornings as it has been. And, oh my goodness....we are nearing the half-way mark, ladies! How cool is THAT? :)
I'm definitely not seeing any of that 2nd tri glow, either, ladies. I actually vomitted for the first time this week- up til now it has just been the constant FEELING like vomitting but never actually do. I have also been extremely tired, emotional (last night I started crying because it occured to me that these are the last months my husband and I have together, just the two of us, and I am spending it moping around, tired and sick feeling) and I have also been...
I can't tell any difference in libido, in reference to entering the second trimester. Things definitely slowed down during the first tri, though, and I honestly haven't missed it much. We've sort of moved to an every-three-days sort of schedule, I'm sure my husband doesn't like it especially but he is being very considerate of how I'm feeling. I will say, though, that the magic 14 week number seems to have brought with it less nausea and fatigue, and the bloat is gone-...
I hope everything goes according to plan, Kattbird, because that is a SUPER cute way of announcing! It will be so fun for you to see the looks on their faces! :)
Well,  I was just going to post a question about fundal height! This is my first pregnancy to carry through the 1st trimester, so with my other two my uterus didn't have a chance to grow much. I am 13 weeks today, and I SWEAR my fundus is just about a fingers-width below my belly button. All the books say its not supposed to be that big until 20 weeks! I don't go back to the Doc for two more weeks, and the suspense is killing me. Anyone else notice they are "bigger" than...