or Connect

Posts by mrsavery

Bambi, I am in the same boat- I am committed to cloth diapering even though I have no experience and frankly, I am a little overwhelmed with the choices. I went to a cloth diapering class today and I think it just confused me more! I really like the idea of using a combination of fitteds and prefolds with covers- I think they are super versatile and cost friendly. But just trying to figure out which inserts go with which covers and when to use liners and extra doublers,...
Yay! It's good stuff, isn't it! Ours was thumping away at 170 this week. So crazy to think of that little tiny heart beating INSIDE you, lol. :)
My first baby would have been due within the few weeks before my 28th birthday, which was last weekend. I think every time I have another birthday I will remember that baby. The second baby would have been due around Christmas, and would have had the same due date as my sister-in-law's sister...so every time we have a gathering with her side of the family, I will see her baby and be reminded that ours would have been the same age. The thing is, if either of those babies...
OH NO! Both of our agreed upon boy and girl names are on the sure to skyrocket list! ;) I'm trying to decide if I should even TELL my husband that we are in danger of having popular/trendy names, because he is really picky, and has a lot of stipulations when it comes to name finding. These are his rules, and according to him we have to follow at least one of them per name:   1. Can be a familial name but only if the person is already dead. 2. Can be a name of an...
I'm having a hard time too, and it just breaks my heart reading all of these posts. No matter what you believe, it seems like it should be obvious to know that God LOVES life- all life, down to the littlest, newest one. I know this and I know He loves me, and He has control over all things- but I don't know why He creates life and then allows it to be taken away. I don't think I will have an answer for that one til I am gone from this world. So even though I KNOW in my...
What are the essentials that a first time mama needs to have, in your opinion? What types of products have you come to LOVE, and which ones could you do without? This is our first baby. We've got nothing, yet. I'm specifically interested in cloth diaper and babywearing options, but I want to know what some of you experienced moms think. What do we register for- and what can we do without? Thanks :) 
YAY! That is so very, very wonderful! And, oddly enough, I feel comforted by your good news! thanks for sharing :) Don't be afraid to be happy- even if its just for today. That's what I'm working on.
Thank you! I think I just need to chill. I am on progesterone- and those levels are great. So if this baby doesn't stick around, no amount of progesterone or anything else I can do is going to prevent it from happening. Gosh, it's just so hard to walk around with a baby inside of you, not knowing what's going on, and being fearful for that little life. Isn't THAT the truth.  So it would be better for both of us if I just calm down out a bit, yeah? And have a...
You can invite me, IronMam! If everything goes well, this will be my first, so I am not "in the loop" at all! I don't have permission to PM, but maybe if you PM me, would I be able to reply? Worth a shot, NBD if it doesn't work.
Ladies,  This is my third pregnancy in the last 9 months, and because of the first (and then second) m/c, my doc was drawing hcg levels every couple of days when I first realized I was pregnant. I had my first "real" OB appt on Tues at 7 weeks, and he did a basic OB profile but DID NOT run a beta hcg. Everything looks fine, but I was still curious, so I had him add the hcg test. I got a call back this morning saying that it was 6100 on Tuesday, and that that was...