or Connect

Posts by Maria Van

To me this sounds like a bad idea. To a degree something like this will depend on individual kids/parents, but if this is a solution to having time with the grandkids than that would suggest the grandparents are not a regular part of this childs life. a week is a long time for a one year old, even with relatives he or she knows well. To leave a one year old with relative strangers for an entire week sounds disastrous and possibly downright cruel. How about a family...
i don't make a big deal about it, but my 3 year old does not get to snack if he hasn't eaten a meal. whatever he didn;t eat gets saved until the next meal, if he's hungry he can have his plate back, but at the next meal we move on. I never make substitute food because i feel like that opns the door to a grilled cheese sandwich at every meal for who knows how long. I make one meal for the whole house, he eats what he wants, i don't fight about it, just don't give treats...
i'm in glenside PA, which isn't far from chestnut hill. My son is older (2 1/2) but we're expecting #2 in may. If you haven't found a group yet let me know!
number 2 is due in may, i'm in glenside, so depending on where in philly we might be close...
Thanks!
i've obviously missed the meeting by a couple years, but I am looking for other mothers in the philadelphia are to connect with who are also intactivists. If you know of anything going on could you point me in the right direction?  
        I have to say, i don't love the advertisment-disguised-as-blog thing we have going on mothering lately... this is the third thing i feel i've been "duped" into reading... I thought it might be interesting to read something about nutrition and vaccination, but what we have here is no actual information, just some woman selling a product... would you care to tell us what these wonderous nutrients are that help with vaccinations, or are you just trying to sell your...
My 2 y/o son has started asking to use the potty, he doesn't actually "go" yet but I like to indulge his curiosity in the whole process, but the whole diaper on/ diaper off process just so he can sit and not go on the potty is starting to get old. It seems the logical thing (as I certainly don't want to discourage his willingness to try) is to switch from diapers to training pants, at least when we're at home. I did my own research for the cloth diapers, which led to me...
I have been using FAM since i got married 6 years ago, my son happened the moment I stopped paying attention, lol! Its very effective IF used properly. I highly recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and read the WHOLE book so you have a real understanding of the method. I use a diaphragm for back up but all methods have some degree of failure, so when you are at your peak fertility its best to either abstain or use a more creative method of sexual interaction then...
Miranda, Thanks for the info! Its nice to know that others have at least considered this idea. I completely understand what you're saying about the difference between highschool and elementary school, though where i live junior high (6-8) is run much like highschool with the subjects broken down. And I don't intend to just take him for an hour, I hope to settle into some sort of routine (for example right now he wakes up between 7:30 and 8am so if that were to remain...