or Connect

Posts by emmaegbert

DTD- with past 2 kiddos, has taken me about a year to get ANY consistent sex drive back. And even longer to get back to a more normal amt. I just kind of make myself do it b/c yes, it is important. At least in my relationship. Unfortunately, tried some the other day and it totally hurt, had to stop. We'll try again in a little while. I know the feeling of partner getting WAY to excited from any overture of closeness or intimacy. Unfortunately that has caused problems...
Karli my DS totally had the weird red mullet patchy balding hair around that age. He's got gorgeous thick wavy hair now, 7 years later :) Vera is totally starting to lose her hair, but by now we are disappointed but not surprised. ~pi stinks about the diastasis recti. I worry about that though I can't feel it on myself. Partly b/c it was my third pregnancy and I think the likelihood goes up with multiple pregnancies. lifeguard with your DH on leave you have to find a...
this is important for DHs to see or be reminded of from time to time. maybe she just thought she'd better educate him ;)    
MW told me just to ignore the peely dry skin for now, mostly it will go away within a month or so. We do a bath in plain water about 1x per week and I wash her bum in the sink (in plain water) as needed, probably 1-2x per day (I don't really use wipes, just plain toilet paper or a cloth, and plain water wash when needed). I too would recommend plain oil (olive, almond, coconut, etc) and we often use regular kitchen oils on ourselves and the kids. Cocoa butter is also...
same here! its  amazing. I really didn't think such a young baby could do this but I think she waits to poop on the potty?!?
  Since my DH works in the visual marketing/display at his company, this means that any day now he will be OFF the crazy long days. He worked 12 hours M-F every day last week, and about 10 hours yesterday (Sunday). He does actually get off thanksgiving and the friday after. Apparently holiday shopping season= stores so crowded they can't do much other than maintanence (crazy shoppers who break stuff...)       agree that sounds like overactive letdown. I had this with my...
hah! I totally worry about this when we go to other people's houses, my 2yo insists that the bumbo is a potty, and she takes herself to potty sometimes without telling us... so far its never happened in someone else's bumbo thank goodness! We don't have a bumbo at home though, I am sure if we did, she would have realized its something different than a potty...
I started with my first at 15m, knowing pretty much nothing at all about EC. I was following his lead (he was complaining about diapers, especially poop). We were fairly quickly able to catch most poops in the potty (he was pretty predictable and also really hated pooping in his diaper ayway) and then we started coverless and naked-bum time in the mornings. For a long time he would pee right into underwear, diapers, etc, but would use the potty if his bum was naked. But...
  if only DH didn't have to leave for work at 6:30AM... he gets up first but I hardly get to "sleep in", sigh as for the second part, good retort!    
So I am doing EC with my newborn which is awesome! I never did it this young before. But lately I am wondering... I will be holding DD over the toilet or potty and she is squirming around, and I am not sure, is she done going potty or is she working on a poo? I haven't been able to really tell the difference...