or Connect

Posts by emmaegbert

katico- you know this means you have to organize us into a FB group now...  a good laugh for those of us without blog-ready homes... http://www.scarymommy.com/pin-this/        
oh and baby has such busy hands these days! She ripped a tissue... she pulls big sister's hair... funny! 3 months on Saturday and I can so tell. She is just changing so fast.
  same exact thing happened here the other night-- and the 2yo was getting over a long sickness, and I had been up vomiting with the same sickness... anyway I refused to nurse her and she rolled around and cried and complained and DH started yelling at her! I was so mad at him, like THIS IS NOT HELPING. Eventually she accepted that I wasn't going to nurse her and went to sleep. And I guess eventually DH accepted that she was a toddler and he also went back to sleep. I...
cluttered/messy house: when I am working again out of the home (hint, hint, livacreature) I would NOT HESITATE to hire help with my house. Before we moved from california, I did hire a professional organizer and that lady was super helpful! We also had a weekly cleaner coming. it made a HUGE difference and since I was working full time, it meant that more of my home time was spent with my children, not cleaning... AND, my house was much cleaner!   for those with...
well now I have a stomach bug. maybe it will make up for the 3 days i spent trapped in the apartment with a sick 2yo eating whatever I could grab and getting almost no exercise. And, what a waste- I barfed up the most seriously healthy dinner... no ice cream or any indulgences.   just kidding. I feel like crap. But, just temporary.    
stomach virus, ugh. I'm not getting it so bad but my 2yo was sick for 3 days, poor thing. Obviously, "not so bad" is still nothing I'd actually want to have.   I'd love to wean my 2y9m dd but she so isn't ready.   AP: I didn;t even know what it was until my son was about 18mo, but the basic things are all stuff that "Came naturally" to me. I so don't want a yardstick by which to find out I don't measure up though... so I don't worry about it too much. I have...
gorgeous pics of the two babies, so cute!   chelsea- when the weather warms up a bit (well, more reliably anyway!) we should plan a get-together. Anyone else in the NYC area?   Got our medicaid paperwork sorted out... I think. The girls are both kinda sick (baby V and my 2yo, stuffy, grumpy, tired, coughing) so I hope it just resolves (as most illnesses do) because I am so reluctant to go to the doctor when I there is a lapse in coverage. Even though they told me...
I think it depends on your kid and your family life and your home. Lots of good advice already. We have lived in small spaces all the time, so I pretty much know where my kids are all the time. None of them (so far-- the littlest is a baby) have been interested in using the toilet for anything other than a toilet, so not a problem. If I had a kid who was seeking water or obsessed with the toilet or something, I'd keep the door closed and the potty out in the play...
well, I thought I had posted something recently that I guess I haven't... I so feel what you are saying Lifeguard. Its just not fair that it has to be so hard for some of us. And I totally relate to the frustration of having been so strict during pregnancy and feeling like it "got me nowhere" (I gained 35 lbs! NOW, I had excellent blood sugar the whole time, my full-term baby was born healthy and actually smaller than my others, etc... so that is all good...)   I am...
get a couple of wide-brimmed hats so you have some choices depending on what baby likes and what fits her. its nice to have a chin strap on some to help keep them on. We had some from this company (they were hand-me-downs): http://www.flaphappy.com/- and they were nice, washable, comfy, simple.   One-piece zip up swim-suits can be good sun protection. Also beach umbrellas- good call. Make some shade. But babies can't swim, so they can also just wear clothes...