or Connect

Posts by emmaegbert

also if you normally catch it in the toilet and then get one in the bblp, it won't be diluted and you may simply notice the yellow color more? I notice that my DD (2m) pee seems to vary in color during the day and I do wonder if my vitamin and what I eat affects it, also how long since she last peed, etc. VERY dark pee could be a sign of dehydration or other problems but I'd imagine a baby that was sick or dehydrated wouldn't be behaving normally either.
Steph so incredible about your dad. You must all be so thankful.   LaBruja- my son (my oldest) was older (8 and 9m) when I had a 9-week full time summer course but he was like you describe- hated bottles, would nurse once at lunchtime, and honestly, he was fine. You really will be able to tell if the baby seems dehydrated or lethargic. But a large, healthy, well-developing kid who is eating every 4 hours at 3m is probably okay. IME you can tell when babies aren't...
livacreature: Aurora is so ALERT and gorgeous. she might be small but she sure looks spunky!
haha Iona and her double chin, and Eli with his "scary" face. I love crazy baby faces! So awesome to capture that. tank- the smiling-through-spitup/bumbo picture is priceless and Steph- I love the monkey suit! Why not wear a costume if you can get away with it, right? Hmm, "crash pad" what is that? like a big beanbag pillow? My kids would love something like that (currently our apartment is probably too small, but in the next living space... they lay around on the...
my little one is one of the youngest here (11/28)... but she is working hard on rolling lately, and has just started grabbing a bit- like at hair, clothes, etc, not really toys (and she does that hilarious thing where she grabs and rubs her own hands... like she is making evil plans...). She is definitely getting more psyched about her older sister and brother- watching them play.  She is also doing an awesome squeak/giggle that her siblings love. And she is super fat,...
I have done a lot of NIP over the years and have never had anything but positive responses. So nice. And good for that employee. Its what she should be doing :)   bath- I just put baby in with olders once a week or so. She ins't mobile yet so it doesn't seem important to me. I wash her bum in the sink with warm water at least once a day (as needed)   oh my goodness LaBruja. that is awful about your colleague. What a shock.   no time to comment more right,...
oh and I've had to enter a lot of foods manually. that is making it quicker now, that things I regularly eat are easier to add. I am also taking the time to calculate per-serving amounts for various recipes I make often.
Rosemary- I am just using their stated calorie range for now (its about what I eat, though some days a bit under). I am not a big calorie-counter but this does make it more possible for me. I set my own goals for carbs b/c I know that I need to eat a lot less carbs than standard recommendations. I don't remember if I set the protein and fiber goals myself or they came with it- I tend to eat plenty of both. I eat WAY more fat than they recommend but whatever, that is what...
"I just want to hold the namnies while I nurse" is the new excuse for the squeezing etc.   we are very limited already- really she nurses only 2-3x per day. I have talked about the fact that she will someday not nurse but she isn't interested in discussing that yet. She is getting more comfortable with seeing my nursing the baby though, you can see she is not longer chomping at the bit to join in. Nap is on the way out for the older nurser, so with that goes one of...
Leahs my 7yo totally has tantrums though he does it at home, not in public. I know of at least one of his friends who does the same. IME its usually related to something else- like getting sick, being overtired/stimulated/whatever. But he is also a bit of a drama king and just easily and very dramatically frustrated. Argh. WAY easier said than done, for me, to keep my cool.