or Connect

Posts by emmaegbert

totally agree on this, was going to say playsilks. And Beth I know you're crafty so you probably know this already but you can get pretty cheap plain silk scarves and dye them with unsweetened kool-aid. Totally a fun activity for preschoolers to help with. I also like "skwish" from Manhattan Toys. I am not a huge fan of Melissa and Doug b/c I had some stuff that really smelled weird to me... I cannot believe that it was really non-toxic. But I am fussy about toys in...
welcome back LaBruja!   I am on my second cold of this baby's life. I think I was not sick for about 2 weeks out of the 8 she's been alive. BLAH. Nothing serious just annoying and uncomfortable.
phew for a new thread. I was intimidated to the point of no longer being able to read that last one... we stayed put for xmas. it definitely put my ILs out a bit. We have always dragged ourselves for some kind of holiday-time visit to them. But DH got 3 days off for xmas and will get 4 for the new years weekend. And it pretty much takes a full day to travel down to them. And we have a 2mo baby and a 2.5yo and a 7yo. Right- so you ladies can understand why we said its...
DH was home for 3 days straight for holidays, and I really did notice that the baby seemed more "into" him by last night. Sort of sad for him, I guess. She is usually not awake when he leaves for work, and by the time he gets home, everyone is so grumpy... he does usually have at least a half hour or 45 minutes with her while I put the 2yp to bed. I think I am going to start pumping a small bottle many mornings again so he can feed her during that time, maybe it would...
I love gowns too. my second and third (current) baby have spent most of their infant months in gowns. I still use diaper covers- I have some velcro ones and just lay a folded dipe into it.   I have a bunch of hand-me-downs... I'd say the gerbers are the smallest, "speesies" gowns are great a bit bigger, carters as well. Kate Quinn gowns are gorgeous, a much thicker, softer cotton, they are larger and the company also makes a bigger size (3-6m) which I have a few in...
Its been 5 days using it now (but didn't try to do it on xmas day) and I think its helping me eat better. I don't feel that I am eating radically differently, but those little things add up. I am keeping my calories in the recommended range and successfully keeping carbs under (but close to) 150 a day. Aiming to get calories and carbs a little lower, but nothing drastic. My little one is only 2m tomorrow and I am still nursing my 2yo. Frankly I'd be thrilled with, say,...
alright. went back on babyfit to enter my food. blah. I am definitely eating more carbs than I was admitting to myself. boo. therein lies my problem, I think. I need better snacks and probably to cut out fruit at breakfast (most days I have 2 eggs, some fresh fruit, and coffee with half-and-half).   Lifeguard- yay on better sleep. hope that keeps up.
I'm behind but wanted to comment. Sounds developmental. My son was like this for a while, and my daughter is much more like this right now (she is 2.5). Usually if I wait it out with her (don't make her interact with anyone, let her sit on my lap as long as she wants) she eases up and gets over it. DS got more easily overstimulated, I think I know what you mean. He is still prone to that. He is very passionate and energetic, has many great qualities but he was a PITA in...
that is really great!       amazing     that is also great! big accomplishment   ooh so jealous!   yeah to this. hoping at this point to maintain for the next 2 weeks and then go for more restriction and exercise. for me, I think that exercise does help with weight loss. and more importantly it just makes me feel better and more energetic, so its a good thing. have been wondering how the physio is going- hope its helping.  
Mollie- all those lovely sisters, with the intense eyes! And the babies are so cute! love it. Amy- wow. great pics- it really is handy to have a professional in the family! (and to be so freaking attractive) Baby Aurora is hilarious! cute and funny- did you make her onsies? I always wanted to do one for my son in glittery pink letters that said "I'm a boy" on it (Or "tough guy" or something...) oh well, didn't manage and then I had 2 girls, go figure! Beth-...