or Connect

Posts by Callimom

Does she have short needles( 6-7 inches?) that aren't too heavy and are well balanced? That makes a big difference imo for helping little ones get the hang of it. And I wouldn't make them too big/thick as she likely has tiny hands.  I recent knit a scarf with a 40mm needle and a double strand of roving,  and I had to put the needles down on occasion so I can appreciate how large needles would be challenging for small hands.   Do you knit?  If so I would start her on...
Interesting post on a thread about trying not to be judgemental.  
I honestly have no idea. I am such a different person now than I was then, I really can't fathom what that other me would want now. Travel maybe, career success but at something that holds very little interest for me now.  Being a mother to these particular kids, and a partner to this particular man have deepened my life so so much in so many ways.  If they were to disappear now and I am who I am, I would do some sort of radical volunteering probably (peace corps kind of...
We are hosting a few Christmas gatherings this year. Our age range is younger than yours though - 5-13 year olds and their parents.   One is a cookie exchange/decorating party and pot luck coming up in early December.  Similar to the PP we will have one table dedicated to decorating the cookies. We're holding a cookie judging contest (with silly prizes) and exchange.   We will also host a Solstice Soup Party on the Solstice with the focus being on round sunny...
Fort making kit (couple of thrifted sheets with ties and grommets attached to them, with some tent pegs and clothes pins, in a nice (home sewn) bag/knapsack.  Add in some rope, and possibly a tarp if you have one or can thrift one and you have a kit for under $10 in outlay.   Ask at carpenters. lumber suppliers and cabinet making shops for their scrap lumber (we can pick it up free here). Same with some skids. Take the skids apart, add in some basic tools (hammer and...
Crafty Crow would be my first stop. Parenting.com has some cute crafts. Familyfun magazine usually has good ones. hth Karen
Thanks Chfriend!
Thanks. We're after something I am not sure exists. We want a history and comparison of different forms of government and how they tie to the development of law, and economic systems. It's a huge topic and probably not one that has been written about much to be accessible to kids. We are hoping to find something more broadly focused rather that country specific.