or Connect

Posts by Maggie Mae

HF! Still here!?!? How are you doing, Mama? I'm thinking about you and your crew all the time... and sending all my good easy happy birthing vibes your way! Argh, and here comes DH to hand off Ben. Ah well - updates another time. Happy Monday everymama!
Ohmyohmyohmyohmy oh BABIES!!!!!!! and all other dancing produce to you, TC! How exciting! There certainally are lots of you preggo May Mamas now, aren't there? Gosh... I sure do hope its not contagious - India with a newborn is *NOT* my cup of tea! And ITA with whoever it was that said HF must be having her baby right now! Hmmmm.... How long do you think it'll take for us to find out??? I'm doing a birth class for my doula training right now and all the...
Yay Heather!!! All of my good-birthin-vibes are headed your way... You and your family are in my thoughts. Can't wait to hear from you!
Wow! Thanks so much mamas. You all have helped crystalize the thoughts and ideas that were floating around in my brain. Any one else have ideas? Keep 'em coming... I'm taking notes as fast as I can!
Hi May Mamas!!! Huge to all the May Mamas! I've missed you and been wondering how you all and your little people are doing. I've been taking a big ol' MDC break lately mostly due to homeschooling and a general need to reprioritize and think more carefully about how I spend my time. The good news is that all is well, and really, the only bad news is that I'm deciding to spend way less time online in general. But thanks to very sweet PMs from Els and HF, I'm...
Hi TC! Thanks for your PP thoughts... I'm putting Ben to bed momentarily but I'll read and respond and get my tuckis over to the May Mama list after he's asleep! -Maggie Mae
Hi Mamas- I'm in the middle of DONA doula certification and am starting to take on Post Partum Doula clients. I'd like to hear from those of you who have had a PP doula: What did the doula do for you? What was most helpful? What did you most need? What did you most want? And for those of you who *haven't* had a PP doula: Why not? What would you want a PP doula to do if you did have one? In short, I'm looking for any ideas you mamas might have about how...
We're thinking about purchasing the Hindi program for DD and me, but are a bit put off by the huge price-tag... so I'm seeking advice. Anyone out there use Rosetta Stone? How do you like it? How does it compare with other langauge learning strategies? Do many family members use it? How does it work across wide age ranges? My husband is pretty much fluent in Hindi, so he might provide some extra help/support, but DD and I are starting from scratch. We probably...
How sweet that Sol got her Tarot read, Els! Anything of interest in it? Jess, your vacation sounds great, even if it was uber-rustic. I'm in awe of all the camping mamas... I didn't take DD camping until she was 3, and Ben is still a camping virg. : I'm working up the nerve to take them this fall, but I dunno. DH is supa busy with school so I'd be flyin solo and that just seems like waaaay too much. In response to the hometown/current location question, I'm...
Thanks you all! Day 2 is going great as well...