or Connect

Posts by skycheattraffic

We're coming out of a stomach flu around here: myself and the 2 year old. Luckily DH took a day off so I have backup and he's doing his best to keep girly occupied so I can rest. I'm just so miserable; I hope baby comes around 39 weeks instead of being induced at 41 like DD. On the plus side, I splurged on some cloth pads because going through another birth recovery with sposies was thoroughly unappealing. I went heavy on the overnights since last time I had bladder...
Oh Harmie, I so hear you! I don't mind hugs from my 2 year old but DH is not allowed. It's sort of this "hey, that's what got me into this in the first place" thought lol. It wasn't until DD was about 15-18 months old that we started to get our groove back and BAM! One night of spontaneous fun and here I am, 35 weeks 3days lol.
Welcome Mamamayhem! I'm sorry you have to deal with GD. I wish you a peaceful birth and a strong, healthy baby. I'm 35w and can't wait to be done. This weekend has been horrible - stomach flu for me and my 2 year old... Ugh.
Wonderful!!
I started EC way late (11 months) but wanted to chime in that the little pees happened even around 18-20 months. It took some doing but I changed my outlook and expectations to see ECing as a learning process and a chance to save on some laundry rather than a way to completely ditch diapers early. DD still got a ton of benefit from ECing: 1) the potty became part of the daily routine and she was never afraid of it. 2) there were plenty of times when she stayed dry between...
We'll consent to the routine things like newborn screening, bit K, eye ointment, etc. one thing that's important to me is the delayed cord clamping along with immediate skin to skin contact. We'll have a hospital birth and I feel very comfortable with this particular place as it is one of few truly baby friendly hospitals in the province. I'll also get rhogham if baby is Rh + and won't fight suctioning if offered. Grrr. Premature post. Editing to add: my firstborn was...
I would contact your midwife/dr/OB and describe your symptoms. This may be postpartum anxiety manifesting in an unusual way and may escalate. The MW/dr/OB should be well versed in local resources available for help. I didn't have the symptoms you describe but I did have postpartum mood issues with my first and now am experiencing more severe anger/depression/intrusive feelings with my current pregnancy. My dr referred me to the local women's health concern clinic which...
I need to subscribe to this thread myself. I'll be 33 in a few weeks, currently at my highest weight of ~315 and 35 weeks pregnant. The funny thing is that my weight really hasn't changed much over this pregnancy but being at heavy in the beginning was shocking. My usual is more like 270-280 and while that's still way too heavy, I was comfortable in my own skin. I have a wonderful 2 year old little girl and I'm very committed to being a good role model and teach her about...
On tile/hardwood, I soak up pee with a towel or other cloth. I mop the floor maybe once a week if I get to it so I just eliminate the slipping hazard in the meantime. On carpet, I sop up as much pee as possible with a towel and let it air dry. About 2-3 times a year I steam clean the carpets so I don't really worry much in between. Definitely lazy mama here, and 35 weeks preggo
It may be a short lived phase, and for whatever reason this is what she needs to feel secure or in control. My 2 year old has latched on to doing things herself and heaven help me if I try to help with a task that is clearly too difficult. I know it's different but it's insistent and has a similar dramatic importance. Over time it comes and goes. If I indulge her in her need for control, then at times it isn't as important to her and she'll tolerate assistance. I honestly...