or Connect

Posts by windyweather

Hi there, The Blue Mountains are West of Sydney - about a 1.5 hour drive. I lived in Sydney for 15 years before moving up the mountains. Loved Sydney when I was younger, but this environment is much more nurturing for bringing up children. We are very lucky to be living in such a beautiful city within a World Heritage National Park :-)  
Hi, Wow, a group just for us older mamas! I was 39 when my daughter was born. My husband of ten years left when she was two and I have been a single parent since then. It has been a long road travelled as I am still recovering from health issues. I have often thought that parenting younger would have been easier as I would have had much more energy! Yes, having parents who are older and needing support is tricky when juggling our own parenting, work, etc. It is...
Hello Everyone,   Just wanted to say 'hi' and introduce myself. I found my way here via a friend's post on fb and was hooked after reading a couple of articles.   I am in the beautiful (but very wet at the moment!) Blue Mountains in Australia. I am an older single parent to a gorgeous eight year old girl. At the moment I am a SAHM seeking part time work. I'm looking forward to being a part of your global mothering community.   :-)