or Connect

Posts by bearandotter

Hotmilk makes incredible nursing bras that also work well for pregnancy. They have 6 rows of clips so expand with you. They are all wireless and cotton lined, but are also super sexy. After 2 years of ugly nursing bras, they bring a smile to my face knowing what I am wearing under my stained mommy shirts. Breakout bras is an online store with amazing customer service that sells hotmilk and a huge range of other nursing bras even in very hard to fit sizes! (32ff here, eek!)
We use cloth wipes. So much easier than disposables - everything goes into the bag so no travelling to a room with a garbage. I do use disposable wipes when out of the house.   Terry cloth doesn't fray since it is a knit not woven. You can just chop up an old or cheap towel (with shed a bit in the first wash). I serged a bunch of to layer flannel at one point too.   I used to use a peri-bottle (the one they give you at the hospital) and wet the wipe just before...
  How about "Well, we were going to call him/her (insert name of commenter here), but it reminds us of someone who makes thoughtless comments about baby names"  ? I'd likely never have the guts to say this in real life, but it might be good to think it        Maya is a beauticul name, but it is SUPER crazy popular where I live right now. I like that Mara stems from Lacramioara, which is what we did - found hidden shorter names in a traditional/important one to us. I...
No class for us. We did the hospital tour with #1 and it included a 90min class on labor/delivery. The RN instructor recognized my DH (a physician) and became super nervous and akward through the whole class. I felt so bad for her that we will stay away this time. I taught prenatal classes for a number of years so I'm feeling OK with the 'knowledge' part.    With my first I really was hoping for DH to come to a more natural/ritualistic class, but no dice. He trained...
Hi Greenies -    I came across this TED talk the other day and thought of all you on this thread. iO Tillett Wright gives a talk about photographing people who place themselves on the LBGTQ spectrum, but it is also the grey of gender. 
Facebook... We have a ton of local and fairly local 'swap and shops' groups that can be found by searching. Usually one for general baby gear and one for cloth diapers. Cheap since no consignment costs and they usually are fairly informative about what is going on for young families locally. 
Also no offence here. Such a difficult thing communication when all we know and read is the words that are written and not the other 75% of what communication entails. Plus this group is full of women experiencing the craziest hormonal swings and surges of their lives.....     Actually seeing both names typed beside each other really does make me think that the reverse name is not for us. I've handwritten them before and they didn't bother me, but typed is...
  Thanks. I agree ;)    Our DD2s name is Adiya (AhDeeYa). So far, our kids have names that are derivatives of my FILs GIVEN FIRST name - Gandha Parimala AdiNarayan.  Umm... yeah...Lots to work with there, so I'm sure there is going to be another first name for a boy in there.    If it is a girl we are thinking of breaking from using FILs name and instead choosing another Sanskrit word ending with -ya, like the other DDs. We are thinking of Mahiya (MaHeeYa), which means...
I think it is a great name, not 'girlish' at all. Have you thought about what he might get called for short - Berk? Ley (lee)? I like them for short names, but worth considering if you like them too.      Major conundrum here - If DD2 was a boy, her name would have been Ayan (Eye-an). It is the reverse of DD1s name (Naya). We still like the name and it has family meaning for us, so it is still on the table if this one is a boy. But I feel it is unfair to our "middle...
This is a good pattern. It makes for a nice secure 'pouch' for the baby while using the scale.   I recommend buying sling rings for the rings. They are made for babywearing slings and are tested for a huge amount of weight.    You can wash the sling with the rings on - I put a sock and an elastic over the rings if it goes in the machine so they don't bang.