or Connect

Posts by twilight13

Keeping my supply up has been a full time job since my son was born four and a half months ago. He recently went through a growth spurt and didn't seem satisfied after nursing. I decided to start taking goat's rue tincture and fenugreek supplements to help.   Fenugreek really works for me. My body starts making LOTS more milk and my baby has seemed very satisfied. It also unfortunately gives me really bad diarrhea, which I read is a symptom that happens for some...
My 17 week old baby nurses on demand (usually 8-10 times per day) and has always been a great communicator. We practice attachment parenting, so he is often on my lap while I eat. For the last couple weeks he has been following each bite I take with his eyes and reaching out to my plate. Twice now (despite me being very careful) he has gotten some hummus on his hand and quickly into his mouth. Each time he has done this, I quickly wipe off his hand, and push my plate...
I have a family history of GD, so I knew there was a good chance that I could be affected. Sure enough, Come the beginning of my 2nd trimester, I could feel that I had unstable blood sugar. I had been eating mostly carbs because of food aversions, so I rapidly changed my diet. No sugar, no excess processed grains, extra protein, and extra greens. I tested negative (although I felt SO bad drinking that GROSS orange drink, talk about toxic!). I'm sure that if I hadn't...
Birth story:   I had been having prodromal labor for about 2 weeks so when I woke up with painful contractions at 3 in the morning, I convinced myself to go back to sleep. At 5:30 I woke with a surge of energy and had to get up. I ate a little and drank some raspberry leaf tea. Something in me knew that labor was starting and I decided to rest on the couch and listen to my hypnobirthing cd.  I woke up my sweetie at 7:00 telling him about the painful contractions....
For the past few days the pressure from the baby's head on my cervix has been horrible. I've been having soooo many braxton hicks contractions for the last few weeks, but hardly any the last couple of days. He was also super quiet in movements today. Then out of nowhere I just had bloody show! Now I'm feeling really crampy and am trying to unwind and go to bed early just in case! I'm just so giddy and excited about meeting him. I'm so done with being pregnant. Good...
I got the paragurad IUD after my 2nd miscarriage in 2008. So, I guess I had it in for almost 5 years. Even though it is non-hormonal, there are horrible side effects. I will never get one ever again!  There is a really good mothering thread on this subject here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/916122/copper-iud-and-side-effects  I've always been sensitive to hormones, so I knew I could never choose a birth control with hormones. There is research going on right...
Yes, what a gorgeous day! I really thought I was going into labor both last night and the night before. So many contractions! But it was just more prodromal labor! Baby always likes it when I put on music by Johann Sebastian Bach and today's Bach's birthday! That would be perfect. I am so ready to be done at this point. I did have a HUGE melt down last night. All hormonal, cried for an hour for no real reason. Made DP scrub all the floors and clean out the fridge and...
Because this is my first time I really don't know what to expect. I know that every labor is different, but it's shocking to me how many braxton hicks contractions I've been having!  For the last few days they have been every ten minutes or less. Nothing painful (although I've sure been cramping off and on) and they don't change in intensity except for about 2-3 hours in the evening.  I feel like a walking accordion, hard and soft, hard and soft. I am almost 38 weeks,...
The diet your nutritionist put you on will truly be helpful, even if it's hard, so hang in there. Be sure to take lots of probiotics! I'm 33 weeks pregnant and prone to yeast infections. I've managed to stay free and clear of them by avoiding sugar and taking probiotics. The garlic trick has always worked for me too, and it's safe for pregnancy. Just stick a clove up there over night for a few nights and that will help a lot. I have also used yogurt around my vulva to...
Thought I'd post an update. Now at wk 22 I am up to a normal weight. I think that now that the baby is putting on weight, I am gaining.  Thank you for all of your responses!