or Connect

Posts by twilight13

We had the ultrasound last week and it's a boy! Now I get to worry about a genetic condition that runs in the family that affects boys. It's a 50/50 chance. Nothing life threatening, but still a concern. 
I started feeling movements around 16 weeks. I may have felt some earlier, but this being my first pregnancy, I wasn't sure. Now at 20 weeks I feel the baby often and it is sooo fun! I think I might have to have 5 or 6 kids just to feel this again! (Shhh! My partner still thinks I'm a two kid kinda gal). At yoga class and at acupuncture baby really starts moving. Also when it feels its daddy close by. We're so excited for the day when he can feel it moving too!   
Thanks everyone for your replies! It's nice to know that weight gain truly varies from person to person. :-)   I've started setting an alarm on my phone to remind me to eat a little bit and drink some water every two hours. I work full time and some days I probably wasn't giving myself the time I needed to eat. Now with hummus, avocados, nuts, carrots, and those sesame blue corn chips at hand I've been eating up a storm. It's still not showing on the scale, but my...
I'm 19 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. Besides bad sciatica, I have been having a very easy pregnancy. But for some reason, I haven't been gaining very much weight. I'm very small to begin with 5'1" and before pregnancy I was about 115 pounds. Now at 19 weeks, I'm weighing in at 119-120 pounds.    My belly has been growing and I definitely look pregnant. It's just not showing on the scale.     I eat really good food including lots of good fats (avocados,...
Ooh! It was fun reading all of your name ideas! I absolutely love names! There is a tradition in my family of 2 or even 3 middle names, so I have a lot of thinking to do!  My favorite for first names are: Ariadne, Lila, Poppy, Rosemary and Thalia. Arthur, Howell, Isaac, Ovid, and Zephyr. I love the name Homer! I really wish that name had never been clouded by The Simpson's!   
I'll be nine weeks tomorrow and I've had a few spotting incidents. Each time I only happened when I wiped after peeing. The first I could easily attribute to sex, as the spotting happened within 24 hours afterward. It definitely made me nervous though! My midwife helped me feel at ease about it. Three days ago (during that big huge full moon) I had some bad cramps at night. I was relived when I didn't have any blood upon waking. Later that day I was running down with a...
I've been slightly nauseous for a couple weeks now, but this week (6) has been a lot worse. I have noticed that it gets better when I eat, which is a huge blessing. 
I finally got my copper IUD removed after 3 years of use! I experienced a lot of anxiety, insomnia, digestive problems, more yeast infections, as well as sharp uncomfortable pains at unexpected times.  For me, all of the physical pain began right with insertion. It did get "better" within six months. By "better" I mean it didn't hurt when I bent over, when I ran, or during sex as much.  The emotional symptoms did not start until I had it in for about 9 months to a...