or Connect

Posts by lovingsong

Thanks ladies for your responses. To be clear, I'm not at all second-guessing our decision to have our home birth, nor do I feel I need to convince anyone of our decision! I'm just feeling apprehensive in general, so close to the end and with some important stuff still unclear, that I'm emotionally susceptible to any and all comments. It's much easier to be stronger about our plan when we have a plan in place, and since our plan is now in a place of big change, I don't...
Ladies, I could use a little moral support. I'm just over 38 weeks now and getting really excited for the birth, but also a little apprehensive because there has been some change in personnel in who is attending the birth, which means that I could end up going into labor any day and I'm still not sure who I am calling! It's a little nervewracking, but I'm hoping we will have it worked out in the next couple of days, and I'm pretty confident that whatever we choose will...
  I plan to give my baby probiotics if I do the abx. I have to find out exactly how + how much, but as far as I understand you can put a little powder on your nipple and it gets to the baby like that. My midwife will show me how to do it after the birth. Keep in mind that it's important to keep up probiotic use yourself before and after; but especially afterr because the probiotics you take before taking abx get wiped out (abx wipes out good and bad bacteria). Good luck!
I think it depends where you live, because where I am they do not consider you positive or offer abx just because you tested positive in a previous pregnancy. They test you at each pregnancy and go by those results. The only time the status "carries" over is if you had a GBS infected baby in a previous pregnancy (not the same as mama being colonized). Of course, this protocol depends on where you live, so what is true around here might not be true for you. However, if...
Zebrachick I feel the same way! Now that I am just about 38 weeks I really don't feel like it's going to happen in the next week or two (honestly I can't even imagine it happening that soon!), even though until now I was almost positive I'd be giving birth at 37 weeks!
Kaliki_kila, mama, I know the feeling. It's a really hard decision to make. GBS is one of those situations where there is no clear answer, and a lot of people feel strongly towards one side of the argument or the other, with good scientific backing on both sides. It's a transient bacteria, the testing is not foolproof, and there are a lot of potential alternative remedies which sometimes work and sometimes don't. I agonized over whether to test, and then when I did...
I feel for you! I'm also apprehensive - 37w3d and cannot believe it is coming so close!   I've been assured by friends that all the pain you feel during the last few weeks kind of goes away during labor, but definitely try to find time to rest, even if it's just a half hour nap here and there. I'm a terrible napper, but as DH says, this is good practice for when the baby comes and I need to squeeze in short naps.   So sorry to hear that you are having back labor!...
Also, I could be wrong but I think your baby still has room to spin side to side, if not as much up to down. My midwife was checking my stomach last week (at 36 weeks) and my baby turned from left to right during the check itself! And I know someone whose baby turned posterior during labor and then turned back a couple of hours later. It's definitely worth checking stuff out now, but I think it's also safe to say that the baby can still turn to the right direction up...
I've got that too. It's pretty nuts, especially when it hits my ribs (and i have to leave back just to breathe) or so strong against my side that I am practically lifted up off the bed! It's also quite amazing to see because you can really make out limbs moving!! I think it's just the baby is big enough now that any movement is strong and drastic - nothing to do with what you are eating (at least in my case - this babe tends to be very active when his/her mama is hungry,...
Thank you all for your replies. I'm going to read through all these links carefully, because I am really torn on the subject. I want to make the best decision for my baby, and this is just one of those non-black and white issues that we as mamas need to deal with.   @mamaharrison, I live in Israel, and CNMs are no longer permitted (as of June) to administer abx on GBS women, which means if I tested positive I'd either have to go to the hospital to do abx or make sure...