or Connect

Posts by ihave7kids

Welcome, Trixie!  Glad you are part of the group!
Zjande, I'm trying to think of some of my favorite books, and I'm really tired right now, so I'm drawing a blank... Life Giving Love by Kimberly Hahn talks about the Catholic perspective on sexuality and fertility in marriage. Why Catholicism Matters (can't remember the author) talks about how the church and various leaders have affected history. Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II. I'm sure I will come up with others after I have some coffee in the...
I would happily use a male midwife if he was gentle and supportive of natural birth.  In my experience, I have seen both good and bad male and female OB's (very few midwives in my area).  My primary was a male, and I loved his gentle, hands-off approach.  He gently coached me out of wanting an epidural with my first (he knew I was in transition and it would be over soon).  He was my Dr for almost 16 years, and always remembered the details of my history, remembered my...
Link for the Easter egg activity: http://www.iccreligiouseducation.com/easter.cfm?subpage=306631 Crown of thorns came from Catholic Culture.org (called salt dough crown of thorns)
Catholic Mama, Yes, I do love those pictures of the Stations!  The very first homeschooler I ever met had those hanging in her schoolroom.  That was the day I began to think about homeschooling my own children, and 13 years later...here we are, homeschooling grades 10, 9, 7, 5, and 2. I will have to look in my archives and see if I can find links to the crafts.  As for the toothpicks, you soak them in water before putting them in the bread dough to bake and that way they...
Oh, and Shellie, best of luck with your delivery.  What a beautiful way to celebrate Easter, with a new baby in your arms!  I am praying for you, and I will ask my Grandma to pray for you and your husband (she married a non-Catholic who later converted with his WHOLE family!).  Saint Monica was one of her favorites too!
This Lent has been a difficult one in our house!  We have had 2 bouts of flu and so I have not done as much as I usually do to prepare for Easter.  My kids have done great with their sacrifices...they have given up sweets, computer/technology, coffee/tea, and my 13 year old gave up hot showers (ugh!).  We've been going to Stations of the Cross on Friday evenings, and of course the usual no meat on Fridays.  With our homeschool group we have been going on a "pilgrimage" of...
I drive a Ford Excursion with a special seat installed in the trunk, so it seats 11.  The company, I think it's called Little Passengers in California, makes seats for other models too, like the Suburban, Lincoln Navigator, etc.  That could be an option for you as well.  The downside is that you lose most of the trunk space...but for me it was a good choice because my vehicle was in great shape and was paid for when we had our 7th baby and outgrew it.  Now we are a family...
Catholic Mama, Yes, exactly right!  And my hubby always says they should be glad that our kids will be around to pay their social security!
I usually get flustered in those situations, but my hubby always says with a smile, "The size of our family is in God's hands, and we trust Him."