or Connect

Posts by MissMuffet

Have you personally observed (as a nurse in OB) that perineum massages and warm compresses really help in preventing tears? (Desperate to avoid tearing this time! )
Sunshinelove, are you sure you are still producing milk this far along in pregnancy? That is amazing. My DS nurses once every couple of days now and I can hear him swallowing so there must be something there. Could it be colostrum? And enough so that he is able to swallow??
Does anyone know if it's ok to drink RRL with green tea, being that the former is high in iron and the latter 'leeches' iron (or so I heard)? I'm a green tea junky so that's how I drink the RRL- a teaspoonful with a bag of green tea, steeped just for a few minutes.
Well now we are down to just one nursing session- at nap time. For the the past week I've offered him a snack right before bed (usually an apple or an orange) and told him that after he finishes, he needs to sleep, no milkies. He eats the snack, plops down, and falls asleep. It's pretty funny. Strangely, it's the afternoon nursing that he's refusing to let go of. I'm fine with that and wouldn't mind continuing for as long as he wants with just one nursing a day, but much...
I've had a moby wrap since pregnant with my first child and tried using it with her and with each child after - and failed each time. I'm really hoping to use it with my fourth but knowing my history I don't think it's likely. I've tried following the instructions online, to no avail. No matter what I do, the baby always ends up drooping off of me in half an hour, and I end up with an aching back and pelvis. Do you have any suggestions?
Well now we are down to just one nursing session- at nap time. For the the past week I've offered him a snack right before bed (usually an apple or an orange) and told him that after he finishes, he needs to sleep, no milkies. He eats the snack, plops down, and falls asleep. It's pretty funny. Strangely, it's the afternoon nursing that he's refusing to let go of. I'm fine with that and wouldn't mind continuing for as long as he wants with just one nursing a day, but much...
I'm nearly seven months pregnant and my 21 mos old still nurses once for nap time and once at bed time. I cherish our nursing relationship but do not want to tandem nurse (and am worried his nursing sessions will increase again once the milk returns). I have tried weaning him completely but it's just not working. I'm hoping he'll give it up once the new one is born .. but knowing him, it's highly unlikely. Thoughts? Advice? x posted in march ddc
And if so how is that going? My LO is 21 mos and still nurses once for nap time and once at bed time. I cherish our nursing relationship but do not want to tandem nurse (and am worried his nursing sessions will increase again once the milk returns). I have tried weaning him completely but it's just not working. I'm hoping he'll give it up once the new one is born .. but knowing him, it's highly unlikely. Thoughts? Advice?
I was recently searching for answers to a similar question. What I came away with is that pushing position does matter in trying to avoid a tear, as does having a strong fer (fetal ejection reflex), which is best brought about when a birthing woman is left well alone, is comfortable, has privacy, warmth, etc. Michel odent's answer to a similar question: I recently suffered a 4th degree tear, 1 centimeter into the rectum, it was repaired by a surgeon. This began as a...
Duh, I don't know why I didn't think of that. So yeah it is blended with sunflower oil - 13 percent of it. They did a poor job on the labeling bit!