or Connect

Posts by Jackies

This is our first time CDing, so I'm starting from scratch. I made a spreadsheet to keep track of the covers and their sizes. My goal right now is to get 3 PUL covers and 2 wool covers in newborn/x-small, small, and medium. I'm about halfway there by picking up used ones on the internet and knitting the soakers. We don't have to get inners since we're going to use a service. Then once the baby gets here we can see what we really need for our schedule and get more if we...
Chica, for bang for your buck, I'd go with a prenatal workout video. I have one that I like a lot. It's called Pregnancy Fitness, and it has a different workout for each trimester and postnatal too. (I always hate sounding like a commercial, but recommendations are helpful.)
Wow, there's some doosies in there. Where does the drug addict bit come from? I can't really see the causal relationship there. Would feeding your baby carrots cause them to be a drug addict too?
Your trips sound exciting. Do you incorporate them into your homeschooling in a formal way? Do you homeschool on the road or take a break?
sego, yes, it was a fetascope. She could hear clearly, but I didn't want to move it around. I'll take her word for it and wait until next time :)
Chica, is your baby head down? I ask because I checked out the spinning babies website and also thought a daily inversion was a good idea, but I had a midwife appointment today so I waited to ask them. They said since my baby was head down the inversions could flip the baby into breech. They said pelvic tilts on hands and knees was good and the sitting suggestions. Just food for though, since I was also under the impression from the website that the inversions were a...
Oh, my goodness, Travelmumma. That is super stressful. It seems the company and your mother are triggers, and going forward you can avoid them if possible. Not kicking your friend out tonight, but not seeing your mom and having your friend move on when she can. I'm a big advocate of not talking to family members that you don't feel good around. Taking the time off is a great idea.   Kateadelle, I'm not bursting with energy either. I'm 20 weeks. It can't hurt to...
Can't wait to see it, travelmumma. It's freeing to not rely on patterns.   I finished my first soaker for this little one. The main color is dyed with kool-aid.
christy, whenever I need to do a new skill in knitting, I always check knittinghelp.com first. She has videos for continental and English here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knit-stitch   As for the wool covers, I've never used them before, so I can't personally assure you they work. I plan on using them though. In the comments of the knit pattern I used, everyone talks about how much they love them and the baby wears them all the time. I'm drying a newborn...
I would agree that the nursing is almost definitely the cause here, not your BMI. I had a friend that it took her over 4 years to get pregnant b/c she was still nursing. I don't say this to scare you into stopping, just that it can affect your fertility long after it's not their primary food source.   The best part of paleo/primal is you're already eating a healthy diet and don't have to make major changes once you're pregnant. I did add dairy back in once I got...