or Connect

Posts by MandyDugas

You should be starting your morning with a glass of warm lemon water- freshly squeezed from half a lemon   Half an hour later you can drink a fruit smoothie: Banana, frozen berries, chlorella, maca, protein powders and coconut water. Let that digest for 2 hours before eating anything else.   *If you mix your fruit with other food your fruit will digest last, it will ferment in your stomach and you wont absorb as much nutrients as you would have if you just drank...
Hemp milk definitely. Babies shouldn't be introduced to nuts until they are 2. so no almond milk No one should even touch soy unless its organic, and even then it is heated at such high temperatures that all the nutrition is gone Animal milk has too many hormones, additives and chemicals and is hard to digest. Hemp milk has: 900mg Omega-3 Fatty Acid 2800mg Omega-6 Fatty Acid All 10 Essential Amino Acids 4 grams of Digestible Protein 46% of...
Best vegan cheese sauce!   Mix in a blender: 2 cups brown rice milk 1/4 pototoe starch 1 tsp oregano 1/2 tsp sea salt 5 tbsp nutritional yeast chili flakes (optional)   Mix well and then add to a warm pan or pot, bring the cheese sauce to a boil over medium high heat, constantly stiring the whole time!! After it has started to bubble, take off heat and stir til cool. It will thicken and is great on quesadillas, pastas, rice, anything...
This one is the best one I have tried:   Cook the red or white quinoa and put aside, Chop up broccoli, cauliflower and red pepper and shred 1 carrot and put in a bowl and put it aside   Mix in a blender: 1/2 extra virgin olive oil half a red pepper 5 tsp of nutritional yeast 1 tsp sea salt 1 tbsp honey 1/5 a tsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp oregano Blend well, then put mixture on top of quinoa and mix in veggies and eat! SO...
Hey!  I went from eating anything, McDonalds, candy, junk food, meat, dairy, processed foods to the healthiest diet you can think of. My husband was really into health when we met. My son was four at the time and he has just as bad of a diet as I did. My husband has a daughter who is 11 and she was a bit picky at the time too but they both changed. The first thing we did was stop buying junk food at the grocery stores. Then a month later we started taking meat out of...
I would get the maca and hemp protein powders.   We also put Vega (vegan protein drink) http://myvega.com/, chlorella (pure algae powder), bananas, frozen berries and coconut water in our smoothies. Just make sure when your drinking a fruit smoothie to drink it on an empty stomach and make sure you don't eat anything else for 2 hours after or else the fruit will ferment in your stomach and you wont get the proper nutrients from your shake.
There is almond milk, hemp milk, and rice milk. We always buy Yu brown rice milk.
If any of you have questions about why you are feeling a certain way. Or have any questions at all I highly recommend this book 'Conscious Health' by Ron Garner http://www.conscioushealth.ca/book/ It honestly explains anything and everything, about your body, about nutrients, about food. about life really! He explains disease and cancer and how we do it to ourselves. He explains topics on soy, raw foods, cooked foods, health problems, medical doctors, vegans,...
I would just like to start a health convo going here. I haven't seen on this site yet and I wanted other mother opinions.   Have many parents out there come to realize how bad most foods are that you find in grocery stores or is it just me? :P I've been reading and looking into health for the past year now and I have made huge changes over that past year. Baby steps at first of coarse. I wish there was a word for a person who doesn't eat sugar, white flour, white...