or Connect

Posts by Teles

Hi mamas! I'm popping by on a rare, unicorn moment where I have 5 consecutive minutes to myself!   Life is insane these days. There are no other words for it. I look back on my time on maternity leave and all the times I said "I just don't have the time for *whatever*" and laugh at how little I knew about not having time for things. I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning and creep out of the room to rush around and start my day, then only get home at around 6:30pm each...
This had me looking back at newborn pictures and I hardly even recognize her! She looks so much different than I remember her to, it's crazy. Now she's such a little person  
Thanks for all the love, mamas   A quick update: the second and third days were SO much easier. I had another bought of mastitis (my body has not been tolerating all this stress very well) so I spent Tuesday curled around the pump, but Wednesday was actually really smooth for me and I was able to focus and get some things done around the house while she was away. It was actually kind of enjoyable. She's still struggling with her transition a bit but it's mostly around...
I just wrote a giant, thoughtful post in response to all of you. My computer decided it would be a great time to randomly go back to the last page and all of it disappeared. So much rage.   I don't have it in me to write it all out again. I love you all. Keep your heads up. I posted a new thread about daycare.   sigh
Hi ladies;   As mentioned on Facebook, we are now in our transition to daycare and it is so much harder than I ever anticipated, so I thought it might be nice to have a thread discussing these kinds of changes in our lives right now, given that all our babies are now approaching one year (!).   For us, daycare will be three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) through an organization with a location nearby, though still only accessible via public transit for...
lol  I love this thread idea   Mila loves to watch construction of any kind, whether it's the guys building things downtown or just watching people pave the road. She'll stop whatever she's doing and falls into this trace of absolute fascination.   She's a little hesitant of the Shark mop but she's pretty fearless of inanimate objects so far. I call her my vacuum wrangler because whenever I vacuum she chases it around smacking it and frowning while speaking sternly,...
 Sometimes I think about transitioning her to her crib at night but it's things like this that make me hesitate. As annoying as it can be, I'm going to miss that tiny butt in my face or those little hands in my hair. How are our little babies almost 1 year old already?!
Sigh.   I wish there were more things available to Canadian residents on here.   Sounds pretty neat though!
I just leave and "accidentally" take longer... because I'm sneaky like that   Also, thanks for all the support, ladies. It actually made me feel a lot better to hear that I wasn't the only one struggling with this sometimes. I would have flipped the eff out about the puking in bed, KB.
That actually makes me feel a lot better. None of my friends have issues like this and none of them are really drinkers, so every time I talk about it with them I either get the "maybe you should threaten to leave him so he'll take you seriously" or "he's an alcoholic and needs help", which are two extremes that overshoot the problem.    With regard to the negative test, all I can offer is a hug. I'm all too familiar with the relief and disappointment cocktail that comes...