or Connect

Posts by Teles

It's funny you should mention that because I've had considerable pp hair shed but in a slightly more intentional way. I had enough of constantly fussing with my hair (unraveling it from Mila's fists, pulling it out of her mouth or face, etc), so I chopped off 14 inches yesterday. I'm sending it to a Canadian organization that makes wigs for kids who are experiencing hair loss due to disorders or medical procedures, such as chemotherapy, which only seems right. Clearly,...
Mila has definitely found her hands in a big way and has been munching on them for a couple of weeks now, which is adorable. Lots of talking too. I considered doing baby sign language with her but I'm thinking she's going to be an early talker so it might not be necessary. I've started focusing some of the things I repeat to her to test how much mocking she is capable of at this point, especially after seeing this video (how frickin cute is this baby!). Her favorite...
I second the Happiest Baby on the Block video, since it helped my DH immensely in feeling confident by giving him some options for calming DD.   It's interesting (and important for variety) that DH and I have very different go to methods to managing her when she's fussy. She really loves loud music so he tends to rely on that while I'm more about the chatting with her and bouncing on the exercise ball. I'd say that she can only tolerate so much time with Daddy right...
My experience with belly binding, in short:   I hated the sensation, couldn't get comfortable, and found that it made the fat just redistribute so it was flowing above and below the band (making me look worse than just having a little pp belly). I never wore the thing as a result but I'm still down 10.5 inches at 7 weeks pp. That said, this is my first baby, I was only 26 when I had her (27 now), and I've always had an athletic build (see also: not a very curvy...
I love all those crazy baby expressions! Kellybeth and Jenny, those bath ones slay me!   Here are some of the faces of my little Mila, though I have a hard time capturing many of them:           She's also very grabby these days, particularly with me. She often holds on to my shirt, sort of a "you're not leaving, so don't even think about it" grip:  
"If you don't Support Breastfeeding in Public, you don't Support Breastfeeding"
I just has my 6 week pp appointment yesterday. I've been having a lot of pain during every BM since birth, so I mentioned it and my doctor checked me out to announce that it's "probably just some leftover H", gave me a prescription for some cream and sent me on my merry way, so I wouldn't hold out much hope for help in that department. I guess it's just a matter of waiting it out? I don't feel them down there if I try and the doctor wasn't able to see anything but it's...
I definitely have a similar problem with finger nails, both mine and DD's. I keep trying to cut them but she flails around so much that I'm scared of cutting her fingertip as well and traumatizing the poor child. She was holding my finger yesterday and I had to pry her off to find tiny, deep grooves in the shape of her nails. I haven't had any instances of accidentally hurting her yet, but DH and I were talking about how we both have these horrible Final...
Everything has been a bit of a clusterfuck in the Teles household over the past couple of weeks, but we appear to have reached an end now, thankfully.   DH had to go in for emergency(ish) surgery to get a part of his lung removed due to a second spontaneous collapse in the same spot, but because he was still technically capable of functioning with the collapse he was placed on a short waiting list to be called in on short notice. He finally got the call on Thursday...
I have been pretty surprised with how comfortable I am with NIP. I'm of the opinion that most people would prefer a little boob to a screaming baby, and anyone who says otherwise need to take a serious look at themselves. I live in a city where there are literally places you can call to report a business if they even so much as give you a dirty look for breastfeeding in their establishment and public health will be on them in an instant, shaming the hell out of them. I'm...