or Connect

Posts by Teles

I work in a psychiatric hospital where inpatients wander around through the halls, so boundary crossing is a regular thing. I now hide quietly in my office for the first 30 minutes that I'm in each morning because there's one patient who has taken to me in a big way and will literally break into a run to touch my belly if she sees me.   The other day I was walking down the hall and a random female patient was walking toward me (but was a good 20 feet away) and shouts...
I have a lump halfway between my navel and my ribs slightly off to the left and one on my right side pretty much constantly, which I honestly can't figure out. Every time I've been to the doctor she tells me that baby is head down, so I'm guessing one of them is a bum but the other is... feet? Knees? Whenever she gets the hiccups it echos through my crotch, so I'm confident in my doctor's assessment.   I've been having this pain in my lower abdomen for the past two...
I just ate two jelly filled donuts in about 5 minutes. I regret nothing.  
Sure enough, I gained 5lbs in the past two weeks, putting me at a total of 25lbs.
I'm still wearing most of my pre-pregnancy jeans with a belly band (the ones with some stretch in them) and I gave in a month ago and went to Thyme to pick up some shirts because mine were getting more than a little ridiculous, so I'm not doing too bad for clothes. It's been an adjustment to not have very many options available to me, though, since I've always had a lot of clothes to choose from and it's a little depressing to only have like 4 pairs of pants and 6...
It might just be a pregnancy thing (my nose has been stuffed up for 8 months now), but I'd recommend mint tea and a neti pot.
I was absolutely wiped during the first trimester, to a point where I started to wonder how I was going to be able to keep working during pregnancy if it was going to be that bad (I was literally losing 10 minutes at a time because I kept falling asleep sitting any my desk). The second trimester got way better, but now (32 weeks) I'm going back to feeling nearly that tired all over again.
I have a blank Moleskine journal where I've been writing to baby since before she was even conceived for days when I feel like I have a lot to say, and I also have been using this:   http://www.amazon.ca/Belly-Book-Nine-Month-Journal-Growing/dp/0307336182/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355619563&sr=8-1   to make sure that I'm updating regularly every week and so I don't forget anything because it has all sorts of cues to help you remember.
I don't know how you mamas are managing this with little ones running around...
This list just keeps growing...   -Clean fridge - Reorganize and clean closets - Hound DH to caulk bathtub - Clean cabinets -Sterilize pump, pacifiers and bottles (just in case) -Pick up Baby Tylenol -Make some freezer meals: 2x Lasagna 5x Broccoli and Chicken casserolle 9x Chickpea Patties 4x Pasta Sauce 3x BBQ Chicken for crock pot 4x Chili -Finish playlists and burn labour cds -Buy big bottle of witch hazel -Contact the...