or Connect

Posts by Teles

I'm 11 weeks and 3 days and I have had some cramping the whole time which sort of felt like mild period cramps. Unless they get severe, are on just one side, or are accompanied by bleeding, it's perfectly normal.  
The only reason we've lagged behind is that IQ assessments are usually designed to test logic and pattern recognition, things that women weren't really required to know until relatively recently in human history. It they tested things like social perception or other such (important) human things, women would have been kicking intellectual ass long ago.   Plus I suspect that men are getting less intelligent. For example: DH decided to cook pasta while I was sleeping a...
I had my first weird pregnancy craving: bacon and strawberries coated with syrup     I usually hate bacon and have never been fond of syrup (table, at least), so this is particularly out of character for me. My god was it delicious.  
My doppler came today and I got the share the lovely heartbeat with DH!   Such peace of mind.  
I've had this really strong aversion to carrots recently. I'm not sure what carrots ever did to me, but even thinking about them makes my stomach turn.   I've been having what can only be described as a love affair with this specific kind of Pad Thai made at this specific kiosk in the mall near my house. It's all the same color and doesn't really have any veggies in it, but it's so delicious that I make involuntary noises whenever I can get my hands on...
I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself
Fruit is a good idea, berries can be pretty sweet and sour but have some nutritional value to them.   What about things like flavored yogurts? They're sweet and have protein and calcium, just make sure you're getting the normal, fat included kind. The rest have icky things like aspartame or sucralose in them. Lentils can also be a good source of protein, so you could get some kind of sweet soup (like sweet potato) with lentils, or add peanut butter to your...
I keep waiting for a nosebleed because my nose is really dry and stuffed up (I live next to an ocean, so this makes virtually no sense). I used to get really severe ones when I was younger, so I wouldn't really be surprised if my nose started gushing some day soon.   If the rest of this pregnancy has been any indication, it'll probably happen at the most inopportune time possible. Like in the middle of grocery shopping alone when I've left my purse at home or while...
Jamieson Natural Sources Prenatal Multivitamin   I don't like to take any unnecessary pills and I have a well-balanced diet with no health concerns, so I'm not interested in taking any more than that.  
There is a thread on this but I'm pretty sure it was big, so a fresh start is also nice.   I am 10 weeks and 5 days today and have had a wonderful ultrasound and heard a lovely heartbeat, so my dr told me I'm out of the danger zone now. However, I'm visiting my family and close friends in mid August, so I'm keeping it a secret from all of them until I get there. I'm really excited to see their faces because I'm already showing so I can imagine it'll be prominent at...