or Connect

Posts by Teles

I heard this goes particularly for little boys, since they can also have a hair wrapped around their penis. Ouch!
  ^ this. So much this. DH is also terrible at changing her diaper because he takes FOREVER and it pisses her off, so even though I like a break from poo duty, it means I have to listen to her cry.   DD is also attached at the hip these days too. She loves strangers and gives them ear to ear grins but only so long as she's being held by me, otherwise the bottom lip juts out the second they reach for/talk to her. I had a friend over today and the whole visit was a bust...
I know!   Like a month ago she was just discovering that she has hands and now she's sitting up?! Where's the pause button?   Also, there's now a Feb, 2014 DDC
We finally submitted to the Sophie craze this week too...     ...with mixed results.   Also, this is now something that's happening (!):  
DH took the baby out for a walk to give me some me time, so I'm going to (hopefully) squeeze out a post while I still can... assuming I don't accidentally erase it with this stupid computer (something that has happened a few times recently).   1) How are you feeling physically and emotionally?   Physically, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm back to running and doing yoga like I was before pregnancy but not quite as often as I would prefer since DD doesn't love the...
I've heard rave reviews about amber teething necklaces but I don't think I'll get one. All it takes is one little bead to break off separately in the one moment you aren't looking and you have a choking baby. Health Canada issued a warning about them, specifying that while nobody had choked yet, the possibility exists whenever you put anything around the neck of a baby under three. I respect your choices to use them, but they make me way too nervous.   Last night was...
Mila had been acting strange over the past 5ish days - nursing for two hours while dozing rather than actually napping, breaking into sudden, unexplained screeching cries, etc - but I figured it was one of those growth spurt things... until I caught a glimpse in her mouth.   My 14 week old baby is teething!   I guess she's more like 16 weeks since she was 11 days late, but that's still early and makes me really sad that she's growing up so fast. She's only just...
This sounds a lot like my day, every day (FTM, on mat leave for a year), though I put her in her bouncy chair most days at around dinner time so she can watch me wash dishes and make food while I blast the radio for her. I try to make a point to have her play by herself for a little while every day now that she's getting old enough to do so, since she spends literally every waking moment with me and/or strapped to me otherwise.   I really like to watch tv/movies and...
Quick question:   I have a bassinet attachment for my stroller for when babies are really small and everything but I'm wondering if DD is able to use it the proper way already? She was 14lbs, 8oz, 25 inches, good head control, currently 13 weeks.   Looks like this:
  This photo makes my heart melt into a little mommy puddle.     This one cracks me up:     Words cannot express how much I love this baby