or Connect

Posts by Calm

Yes.  I can see by the more recent page of responses that either I wasn't clear, or posters have bolstered each others assumptions (which I've seen happen before).  So I double checked my posts and I feel I was clear that I wasn't ignoring him hitting or yelling at her.  Protecting is part of it, but as you can imagine, that isn't very easy because the only real protection is prevention and I couldn't prevent it unless I prevented them playing together.     If...
Things are good.  We seem to have figured a few things out.  I'd love to tell you about it but I will have to deal with how I feel about some of the "advice" here first.  It's amazing what people think is helpful on this board.  Frankly, some of you are in serious need of a check in on your judgments and approach.     I post when I have PMS, I noticed the correlation... PMS makes me make mountains out of molehills - and I guess makes some of you do the same.  I use strong...
Thanks to both of you.   I wouldn't say I have a philosophy or ideals or anything.  I parent as though they are people, I respect them and I treat them as I would anyone I care about.  When I've tried formulas, it doesn't work.  I found that there are certain authors or philosophies I resonate with, but it isn't about what suits my children, it is about what makes sense to me.  I can't abide punishment because it makes no sense.  I don't reward because it makes no sense....
I must admit, one of my hesitations with seeing a professional is that they will be mainstream and give me unhelpful advice.  I asked my doctor for a referral to get some tests as I wondered about aspergers or allergy or something, but she said, "Oh you don't need that.  He's fine. He just needs some behaviour management, like time out and so on." I mean, she judged him in five minutes as being "fine", and then suggested time out?  That is typical, and I'm growing weary...
Sorry, I should have mentioned, initially letting the dog and DS work it out worked, as the dog growled and snarled and DS stopped, but largely because we stopped reacting... I thought.  But whatever the reason, it didn't last, but we didn't let the dog bite DS and do nothing, or DS annoy the dog and do nothing.  It's been a long time since that technique (I started this thread over a year ago).    We are on it, right away.  But it is constant at times and luckily...
Still happening, and he is 3 and she is 9.5.  I came here to start a thread only to find I had this one.  That was not a great realisation.  I certainly didn't ignore the hitting but it seems nothing is helping.  I've almost been at the point of telling her to retaliate, because that is what an older brother would probably do and he might learn some caution if not respect that he is out of his league size wise.  But I am a pacifist so I'm not really attracted to that...
Whatever works for you.  I support your choice and your view of this.  Hundreds of thousands disagree with the idea that it is unsafe and that it doesn't work, and have had success; apparently the kind of success that some here call "miraculous" and find it "unbelievable".     I know that if you stood in front of even one of the people who have gotten rid of diseases that were burdening their lives, you'd be forced to think again.  Preferably a small child who now...
Hi Minimum.  I just did my first zucchini as a pasta gig... lasagna.  It worked so well.  My next attempt will be the pasta as you did it.  I make a mean raw tomato sauce.  The biggest challenge to me is keeping up with it all.  Making enough crackers for snacks and bread for lunches... I seem to be working on some food or other all the time when we are 100% raw.     My son is the same, he won't eat mixed foods.  He'll eat a cracker, and then he'll eat some...
Many people are waking up to private memberships to retain (or regain, in some circumstances) their health freedoms.  For those not yet in the know, if you want to purchase things that are a bit "iffy" FDA or gov't wise, join one.  I personally think Project Green Life is good, and most people I know are in there which opens up the flow of information and products much wider.  When things like vitamin C and certain amino acids or herbs are taken from our choices in some...
Concerns of where they source the sodium chlorite would have to be addressed through each vendor.  I also like MSM, which is how sulfur is naturally found and there were once concerns about its purity.  I have found a great supplier of it, so I've overcome this problem, but I would think buying anything that isn't regulated means one takes such responsibility one's self.     We can't have our hand held for everything, and personally, I don't want my hand held for...