or Connect

Posts by Calm

I apologise if you were being helpful and I was perceived as unappreciative of that. I'm taken aback if you were, because as you can see, this thread has not been easy for me. If someone said to me, "Big foot is real" or "I believe in white crows", I would discuss with them why they think so and if they have any evidence. But in the end, if I am interested in knowing about white crows or big foot, I can go and do my own research. Maybe I'll even catch a glimpse of...
Quote: But why would the treatment action campaign, a group made up almost entirely of people with HIV or AIDS, prioritize money and media over their own health? This isn't a group of rich African big-wigs who are colluding with big pharma. These are people who are affected by the disease. I will trust that they have read and researched all sides of the debate. We should be listening to the majority of people actually affected by HIV and AIDS on this issue...
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMom Calm, I think if you want your ideas to be taken seriously, then the correct course of action for most people who are open to questioning this science would be to write a research paper on the subject, with references for each and every single claim that you're making, and then publish it. Barring that, I have seen a whole lot of posts on Mothering that say "I have hard sources!" and when pressed have been unable to...
Hi, sorry, but I'm still dealing with this morning sickness which makes it hard for me to concentrate. I have tried to write on my WP bits and pieces during good moments so I have a few answers for previous things. But they'll have to be checked to be sure they make sense yet. I can answer this quickly though: Quote: Have you actually ever met an HIV-positive individual who agrees with your viewpoint on HIV/AIDS? Yes. My brother was a drug...
Thanks for the well wishes! I have the doula appointment this morning, so I'm happy about that. I will be using a naturopath, not a doc through this pregnancy. I am trying my best to keep up the water but it has never been my strong suit. I do feel better when I can though. I am eating oranges like mad. It is the season for them here, and they do seem to be one of the only things not to make me gag right now. They are quite good for folic acid so it's probably...
Quote: I've renamed my middle daughter Pillow. :
My blood pressure is very low, 95/56. I had the flu with high fevers (over 102) two weeks ago (I'm six weeks along now) - I'm not sure how that can affect the developing baby. I have a "suspected subchorionic hemorrhage" - not sure what kind of risk this makes me for a VBAC. I feel really sick and dread that I might get as sick as I was with DD. My birth center won't take VBACs. The prenatal yoga teacher won't take me until 12 weeks. I'm so tired it...
I usually know because I dream of babies. I once had a dream I was chasing little naked babies through the veggie garden. But I knew this time for other reasons. For one, DH had the baby dream this time (weird). I also felt the egg implant, which should be impossible but I darn well felt it. I also ovulated early last month, which caught us (natural BC method) offguard. And lastly, yet the strongest reason is... I just knew. I can't explain it, I just knew. I even...
I had to have an early u.s. for some issues and it showed a due date of April 2. I calculated it at April 8. I don't know which to choose, so I'm gonna split the difference and call it April 5th.
The title of this thread screamed out to me. I'm so tired it's ridiculous.