or Connect

Posts by jinkel

Hi, all! We're going to be moving to New Jersey next month. My husband will be working in Ridgefield Park. Any recommendations for good school districts in that general area?
:
Hi, mamas!! I've only been able to hop on MDC a few times in the last month (still trying to survive a nursing strike : ) - - I just now had 15 minutes, so I'm trying to catch up on my reading to see how you all are doing (I'm only to page 6, so far! ). Just wanted to say I miss ya, and will post as soon as I get time! Hugs to you all, and your glorious babes!
Well, about one month ago my now 3 mo ds started refusing the breast. He'll accept breast while awake *only* if letdown happens w/in first three seconds. 1) Sometimes I'm able to massage breast to get letdown to happen before I put him to the breast - this is not foolproof, I have to massage for quite awhile, and still only happens once out of every 4 times I try it. 2) IF he *does* take the breast while awake, he will immediately pull off as soon as letdown...
So three days ago, I: 1) cut out my daily afternoon bowl of cereal (with milk) - to date, this was the only dairy I had still held onto since giving birth; 2) started giving ds 1/2 tsp of Primadophilus Reuteri (by Nature's Way) mixed into his Gripe Water. VIOLA!!! No more evening pain sessions. (where's a tap dancing smiley when you need it? ) Note: He's still not fond of bf'ing while awake. He never has arched his back while feeding, he's just fought it...
Hey mamas!!! Thank you so much for the replies - - I miss you guys!!!!!! This post was the first time I have been able to pop on MDC in at least a month - it's been crazy here, : having family visiting from the U.S., and a hefty nursing strike from ds (still striking as we speak, can only nurse him while he's sleeping/drowsy - luckily, he naps often so I'm still able to EBF him). It's been driving me nuts, not knowing how you guys are doing!! :
Okay, here's the situation. 3 mo ds has reflux. Up until this week, we've been able to keep him comfortable by making sure: 1) we keep him upright for at least 30 mins after each feeding; 2) his bed area is elevated (in the head/shoulder area); 3) we give him Gripewater whenever he seems gassy/uncomfortable. However, starting this week, around 8pm every night he has started having fits of pain (while awake and upright) - legs shooting straight out and rigid. ...
Wow, mamas! Thanks so much for all your input! A few comments/questions: 1) I'm thinking the fabric of the seat is not an issue anymore, since I covered his seat with a sheepskin cover (he also sleeps on a sheepskin at home, and he not only likes it, but it's a great temperature regulator also) 2) The infant car seat is our only option right now (cannot switch to convertible). As we don't own a car, we can't lug around a bigger carseat. The infant carseat we...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tummy Ahem, YES YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE YOUR BABY IN A CARSEAT.. regardless of what type of vehicle they are ridding in.. its the law! Not in Singapore.
Quote: Originally Posted by eirual I've noticed that the seats are NOT at all breathable, it's like laying on plastic. Whenever I lift my guy out his back is ALWAYS soaked. If heat's an issue, what about putting a liner in the carseat made of natural fibers that are breathable....wool or cotton? I totally agree! Carseats just seem so synthetic and uncomfy (especially in the tropical weather where I live), which is why I have a sheepskin...