or Connect

Posts by Katambra

Yep! I live in St. Paul now but I grew up in White Bear. What a bummer about sheepy yarn! The nosy in me wants to know what other people have experienced there I'll have to look up the name of the other one I went to in St. Paul. I think it was on grand? I'm going to check out borealis! It would be great to have a good friendly yarn store nearby and it would be really fun to sit and knit with someone!
I've been to 2 around here but I am sure there are more. The first is the sheepy yarn shop and if I can avoid it, I won't shop there again. I asked the woman how she got her felted items so firm because mine weren't that firm and she launched into a 10 minute tirade about how I was a fool for falling for the marketing trap that is front loading washing machines. She went on and on about how I would hate the machine sooner or later and that it was going to break any day...
I make all my covers with one layer of PUL and one layer of cotton on the outside and I have never had a wicking problem. I use FOE as the binding.
Try this: Tell him that he can have his diaper to poop in and that you are sorry over this battle. Tell him he can poop in the diaper but that he MUST be in the bathroom when he poops as that is the appropriate place. When he does this regularly, tell him that he may still poop in the diaper, but now he must be sitting on the toilet. When he does that regularly, start cutting holes in the diaper (I have never known anyone to need this step) This worked really well...
I wouldn't change it. It's a unique name so even after you change it, you will still have people mispronouncing it. My parents changed my name when I was a baby and I am not happy about that. I vote for leaving it how it is.
My chiro did it a few times but I got the feeling she was conveniently hitting pressure points. I'm not saying it's all baloney, but I'm not buying into it 100 percent either.
I do pilates too. I use a video and there is no equippment. It has really really helped my back. I do have alot of fat in my belly, but the biggest reason for the pooch is saggy muscles so pilates is really helping with that. Plus since I am not exactly thin, pilates is cardio for me too lol I like it because I really feel like I have worked out. I can feel it in my muscles and my heart rate is up (but not so much that I think I am going to die like aerobics or...
I say "Well, I wouldn't say easy, but they sure are great kids!" Whenever people used to compliment me on my kids' behavior I would always put them down too "You should see them at home" or "Usually they are a total handful" I hate that and I refuse to do it anymore. There are 2 reasons. The first is that I am saying MEAN things about them, right in front of them! The second is that the reason I am saying it is to make the other person feel better. That's not my...
I think locks are not enough. I really want to get gates for all the windows that we have. 2 years ago my son was in his room napping (so I thought) and I heard the tinkling of breaking glass. I went into his room and he was sitting in the broken window (second floor) amidst all the broken glass. Fortunately he did not fall or jump. It was very scary. His window is now completely boarded up but we have tons of windows in this house. I refuse to ever open them but I...
Thanks everyone! Billie Kay, I know they have patterns and what not at weirdolls.com and a few other places. I've heard to avoid magic cabin but have no experience. I think there is also a site called joyswaldorfdolls.com that I have heard good things about.