or Connect

Posts by catherine_hogans

Wow, that Liam sure is looking cute!! What a sweertheart! Glad to know that our recent sleepless nights are pretty common. Avery has been such a good sleeper up until now...the past few nights he has also been waking every couple of hours. I just roll over, give him the boob and he seems pretty content and falls back to sleep fairly fast. The sweet babe is starting to get welts on his thumb and hands from sucking/chewing. I keep trying to give him alternatives but...
Hi all. On Sesame Street the other day, there was a reggae band playing the coolest little jingle, singing about parts of the body. That got me to thinkin'...does anyone know who these guys are?? Or has anyone come across reggae, specifically geared toward children?? We have the Caribbean Putomayo CD which is great, but I was wondering about any educational music with a reggae beat!! Reggae and I are good friends but my little babe only needs to hear so much revolutionary...
Thanks for all the info, fellow mamas!! It feels so good to know there are other mamas out there who are into this stuff! I am really surprised that even the organically conscientious brands are even doing some of that sell-out marketing. Nothing ever fails to amaze! Nobody is perfect!
So I was checking out yogurt at the grocery today and all of the organic yogurts w/whole milk targeted to babes have added sugar!!! WHAT???!!! WHY??!! Anyone know of a brand w/out the added sugar...?? I wasn't planning on making my own yogurt, but maybe I will for awhile?!
Yes, Cancat, being a "mother" has been a fantastic and amazing but BIG adjustment!! I am so glad to hear from all of you!! I wish we lived closer and could all get together for a big group hug of love and support!! The internet sure doesn't satisfy my need for physical connection...thank goodness for pictures and digital cameras!! My mindset has certainly changed and I have a feeling our friends are slowly going to change also! We had dinner with another couple (old...
Anyone else going through an identity crisis?? Ds just turned five months old and I went back to work part time about a month ago. The thing that is happening is that I am discovering that mamahood is becoming a very important part of my life and many of my friends are slowly shifting away. I am a very well rounded person and can have conversations about anything, but I am looking for some like minded people who are also mamas that babe and I can do activities with, etc....
Quote: Originally Posted by TurboClaudia someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it best to give the same solid fruit or veggie only a few times a week to avoid build up of sensitivities? a rotation diet, per se? it's not good to eat the same things every single day. I have also heard that you should rotate foods. A couple really good books that have saved the day for me were "Super Baby Foods" and "Mommy Made and Daddy Too". It is hard...
Quote: Originally Posted by klothos she has learned to suck on her toes and spends a great deal of her time doing just that. she actually has been getting fussy when she's in PJ's that don't allow access to her toes! so we've been having to turn up the heater so she can be undressed or just in onesies so she can chew on her toes :LOL ... she's so cute. Yes Klothos, for the past four nights now, Avery has gone to sleep with just CD and the...
In regards to the crazy additives in ALL baby foods, check out the brand Healthy Times. I have only been able to find it on shopnatural.com, but it seems to be the "cleanest". It is not USDA certified organic, but it's certified through Oregon Tilth which is a long-standing organics certifier. I have been making my food so far, but I have used their cereal products and it seems like their jars are the best!!...and they have some great combinations!
I don't think it's organic but the Burt's Bees buttermilk bath works wonders for my babe's skin!! It does have added fragrance that is not specifically listed in the ingredients but his skin loves it!! I have also been using the Burt's shampoo bar with him. He really doesn't have much hair yet but everything is staying so soft! I have also heard good things about "California Baby" products.