or Connect

Posts by catherine_hogans

Shescraps, I just baked my sweet potatoes then peeled them and pureed them. Boiling veggies may cause them to loose many of the good vitamins and minerals. A couple of good books I picked up are "Super Baby Food" and "Mommy Made and Daddy Too". Can't remember the authors off the top of my head, but I have received really good info from both of these books. Oh, and regarding my pretty silly question I posted a couple of days ago about defrosting food....well, duh, I...
Klothos, are you making your own brown rice cereal or what brand are you using?? I am currently shopping around but can't really find too many good options. Avery LOOOVES the sweet potatoes. I started some yesterday, made a bunch and froze them but i see that my biggest problem in the near future is going to be defrosting!! I have been anti-microwave for as long as I can remember and currently my best option for defrosting is my double-broiler. It's pretty annoying so I...
Just wanted to extend a holiday greeting to all you fellow mamas!! It was a busy week for us, we were out of town at my mom's house for the past four days. My cousin who lives in Virginia met Avery for the first time and we had a ball. He is such a little happy soul! Many blessings as we reach a New Year!!
Loved the pic Klothos!! My little one is just starting to really want to roll over but he always gets his arm stuck...and then of course he starts to get fussy but he seems pretty darned determined. He is also starting to sit up. He will wobble back and forth but can basically prop himself up on his fists like a monkey boy!! I'm so in love!!!!
YUM YUM sweet potato!! YAY!!! We are a celebratory family this morning that is well rested!! : Avery slept for 7+ hours last night!! He has been waking so frequently lately that I was losing my mind, but, we put him on his belly again, which we had basically stopped doing for some wacky reason and he slept like an angel!! What a glorious saturday morning!!
Jen, I will be putting out good energy for you! The universe gives you as much as you can handle, no more, no less! yes Klothos...carry, carry, carry. My arms are so buff!! Mamajaza, I cannot believe Samaya is almost crawling! Avery will stick his butt up in the air and kind of push himself forward but he is really happy just sitting kind of propped up, although he is really getting the back muscles to sit fairly well! My big thing right now is the holidays. I...
Yeah, Avery was pretty chill in the womb...he just always had one of his legs up in my ribs. Surprise, surprise, being the long boy that he is!! I am TIRED. Ave has been eating quite a bit at night. I think he has gotten really comfortable with waking up knowing his food is right there for him! Whew, I think it's time for bed!
Bummer Klothos, I really enjoyed your informative and upbeat posts!! Keep the spirit of AP alive! We tried a little barley cereal on Saturday and little Avery was LOVING it!! He kept trying to grab the spoon and shove it in his mouth and would start wimpering when I was in between spoonfuls. He is definitely ready to begin our descent into smelly diapers, though I don't think the rest of us are ready!! Up until now, we have been using a bucket in the bathtub for...
Quote: Originally Posted by happay catherine_hogans I tried to look at your pictures but it requires a password. Oops! I forgot to disable that! Username is hogans, password is avery.
Quote: Originally Posted by amanda721 Hi all, is it just me or is it hard to stop kissing your babe. Mateo is sooo soft and happy. Ha yes!! dh has a really rough mustache/goatee thingy and he kisses ds so much that one of his cheeks has broken out!! I can't stop the kisses either! It is so nice to see pictures of the little ones and their families, it's nice to be able to link names and faces!! Mamajaza and Happay, what beautiful children!!...