or Connect

Posts by catherine_hogans

We are definitely getting the nursing thing down but i have found at night that ds will fall asleep on my breast numerous times before his big sleep. Since I have already been pumping, I have started with a bottle at his before bed feeding and almost try to stuff his face so then he will sleep completely without waking every few minutes for more boob. He is up to eight hours a night!!! he is 12 weeks old today!!! Last night, while dh was propping Avery up on his lap I...
Yeah, it's the opposite for us!! Ds didn't look a thing like his dad at birth...blue eyes and VERY pale skin. Ds is now almost three months and the eyes are still blue tho he has gained a little tan. It is amazing how much his physical characteristics have transformed in such a short span of time. I look forward to the coming months. Right now, he doesn't have any hair!! When is #2 due?? How exciting? I have talked with interracial parents who end up having one who...
I was just curious if there was any interest in creating a forum/subforum for mothers/fathers of biracial/interracial children (If this already exists on MDC, please clue me in!). I am white and my husband is black and we had our first child this July. I am interested in meeting other parents of kids who are multiracial... It's funny because I have been involved on some message boards with the same topic, but ideas in parenting are quite different!? Hopefully I can find...
Thanks Denise...yeah, I didn't think separation anxiety could start this young, and it is definitely happening around large groups of people. The poor Peanut!! We think we are doing well by exposing him to many different experiences, but he surely let's us know when he's had enough!! ...the funny thing is, he is such a squealer. He won't even cry, he just sticks his lower lip out and starts squealing...loudly!!!...and then the person who is holding him freaks out!It's so...
WOW!! I am jealous! I really considered keeping the umbilical cord and placenta but when it came around to it, we were so enthralled with ds and it wasn't in our birth plan. I am keeping a calendar record of ds' first year and I also started a website which is pretty cool although I JUST started it so I do not have much of the early info on, including the birth story. Check it out...it's the link in my signature entitled "baby Peanut". In the past week, ds has really...
Speaking of spoiling, Denise, some of my family and friends say that i better watch it so that I don't start spoiling my ds because I am such a "marsupial" mom! I read something cute, I think it was in one of the Sears and Sears books...when you spoil a piece of fruit it means that you left it out for too long and didn't pay attention to it! So that's my comeback now!! If people think that spoiling an infant means giving them all the love and touch they can handle, I am...
No, but I will look it up online! Thanks!
yeah, we went through that treatment also, but it has come back...not half as bad as it was in the beginning, but it is still noticeably there on ds and my breasts are starting to pain again during feedings. Yuck! Just a pleasant warning...keep boiling nipples and changing breast pads VERY FREQUENTLY! Cat
Whew Butterflyma, I can relate. My ds Avery is a healthy sized boy also!! I was just out today looking for some 6-9 mo clothes!! It's funny how I felt so prepared when he was first born, I had clothes coming out the wazoo! Too bad they were all 0-3 and 3-6!! HA! We also just purchased a convertible carseat!! Avery is 26" and that darn Graco is only safety tested UP TO 26"! HA again!!..and we are only at the 10 week mark! Cat
I'm very happy with the Bravado sport bras. But I think I am going to check out those lilypadz also!!! Cat