or Connect

Posts by chambermaid

I don't have the large families you described above, but I work full-time and have my daughter (8) from a previous relationship (lives with us full-time) and my son (1) with my husband.  My husband travels 30%, but on a very irregular basis - he could 0-4 trips a month ranging from 1-10 days each.  He can also go 3 months without traveling.  Needless to say, I think the burnt-out feeling is shared among us.  I've taken the following approach, and it's helped.  It's not...
I don't post a lot, so I apologize for the lack of acronyms   Background:  My ex-husband and I had my daughter during our senior year of college.  We got engaged soon after graduation, married shortly there after and were divorced within a year.  We 50/50 parented while we lived in the same town, but he moved on to a better job opportunity in the Big City.  I had moved in with my now-husband, and he had moved in with his now-wife.  He has her for school breaks and...
Lunch workout.  Eat (healthy) at your desk and go for a walk/hit the gym. 
We have a cleaner come in bi-weekly who cleans and changes the sheets on the bed, washes the old ones and leaves them in the dryer.  She provided us an hourly rate and an estimate on how long it would take her to clean our 2,500 sf house.  My husband worked from home when she started, so he was just in his office when she was there (the kids at daycare/school, and me at work).  If he got a break, she would clean the office.  If he didn't, she would skip it.  Now he's...
My situation works out quite nicely, so I'll divulge on the custody, wardrobe and travel arrangements.  My daughter's father has moved away twice, the first time 260 miles away, and now 480 miles away.  My daughter (age 8) stays with my husband and me during the school year, with her dad visiting at least one weekend a month.  If there is a long weekend (according to the school calendar) that is the weekend he visits.  She spends six weeks with him in the summer, from...
For no-hassel birth control, an IUD is the way to go.  After baby #1, I chose to get the Depo shot.  The hormones eliminated my period.  Great, right?  Not exactly.  I was dry with no sex drive.  After my second cycle of Depo, I switched to Mirena.  The hormones (again) left me dry with no sex drive and no periods.  By this time, my daughter's father and I were separated, so I decided to have the mirena removed - abstinence was my birth control at that point.  With my...