or Connect

Posts by mamamojo

I haven't in my other four pregnancies...I was 39cm at 39 weeks with my last- my biggest baby and biggest fundal height. However, I'm currently 33 weeks and measuring 41 cm. We'll see what happens in a few weeks
If the cord is around the neck, you simply unwrap it. Some women check (or have thwir partner check) after the head is born and slip it off then. I didn't, and was able to unwind my fourth baby just fine, even though the cord was fairly tight, around her neck and body. Kitchen shears will take care of cutting it, or you can order special scissors from a website like inhishands.com. I've also heard of burning through it...or doing a lotus birth and not cutting it at all. As...
I've had two hospital births, one attended home birth, and one unattended, and am planing another unattended in late Dec/Jan. I was, by far, the most clear-headed at/after my freebirth. It was also my mist straightforward birth, which I don't think is coincidence. I did not take my dd to a doctor (she has never seen one, actually), but some people do. There are plenty of clinical signs you can learn about and check yourselves, but I mostly relied on my gut, and will...
I haven't really announced it to people, but it's been mentioned to some. Dh's coworkers know, I think...I know they know we'll be staying home. It hasn't been mentioned to my in laws, although I think they ought to know so they can panic now instead of later like last time. My mom knows, a d isn't happy about it, which matters surprisingly little to me. I might not be shouting it from the rooftops, but I don't think I've outright lied about it either.
So far, about $60, and most of that has been on iron supplements- I've struggled to keep my iron up since puberty. I'll get some shepherd's purse, because I do bleed, and a new set of sheets, because I currently only have two sets, and one set isn't suitable for winter use. Throw in a package of chux from the grocery store, and I think I'll be pretty set, and for less than $150. Oh, unless we're counting placenta encapsulation supplies. Capsules for about five bucks, and...
I did this just a few weeks ago. I had been doing a up, and felt I needed to consult with an ob for some testing with out-of-the norm happenings. I had to lie to the receptionistabout prenatal care to get an appointment, but I was honest when I met with the doctor. I was pleasantly surprised when he looked them over carefully, and then asked if he could scan a copy to put in his records for me. he ran the requested tests based on my findings, and after getting the results,...
I'm kind if in the same boat...except I *had* to lie just to get an appointment. I spent an entire morning calling offices only to be told that the doctor couldn't see me for this or that reason. I finally just said I was a midwifery client who was transferring care, and of course I could bring my midwife's charts! I printed out the prenatal record sheets from the back of Heart and Hands at the beginning if the pregnancy and have been keeping track...so I just made a copy...
I voted that I buy new panties...but really, I'mwearing a few stretchier pair of my regular panties, and what I had left of my fat underwear. I lost 45# in the year before I got pregnant. the biggest stuff from then wouldn't fit, but a size or two up is just great, depending on style.
I used garlic during my last pregnancy, and my bff does the same thing when she even thinks she might be getting something, lol. peel a clove and insert vaginally. I can taste it in my mouth as long as it's in there, just as a warning. good luck.
It's been too hot in my house for tea, but I miss it. once it starts to cool off a bit, I plan on heading down to Good Earth and buying in bulk to make something delicious with raspberry leaf, nettles, and whatever else looks nourishing and delicious at the time. I'm looking forward to it!