or Connect

Posts by altmama

I will list the contents of my birth kit for my unassisted birth tomorrow if someone reminds me :D   This is a SUPER smart thing for any mama to think about though.  You really never know.
I am very late and very new, but was hoping to find some support here because I'm really starting to slow down and need women to whine to that will understand ;)  Here is my intro so you don't have to fish for it:     This is my first DDC.  I realize I am REALLLLY late, but I'd like to join anyway as I'm really starting to have a rough time and could use the support.  Some quick stats:   DD- 4 yrs, 10/08, Lana, medicated hospital birth at 37 weeks (water broke...
This is my first DDC.  I realize I am REALLLLY late, but I'd like to join anyway as I'm really starting to have a rough time and could use the support.  Some quick stats:   DD- 4 yrs, 10/08, Lana, medicated hospital birth at 37 weeks (water broke on its own), 26 hrs, 7 lbs 13 oz, no health issues, breastfed for 6 mos, no blw DS- almost 2 years, 2/11, Silas, hospital birth with epi @ 9 cm at 37 weeks (was 5cm at my appt), 26 hrs, 8 lbs 1 oz, no health issues, weaned...
I giggled uncontrollably at parts.  Thank you so so so much for sharing this.  I truly imagine this is what my UC will be like.
I ran all this by my local natural mamas group and came to the conclusion that the OB option is likely what I'll be doing.  Idk if we have planned parenthood here, but the local health dept is an option too that I just thought of.  My ob doesnt do the shot herself, she sends you to the lab or the hospital lab, so that will be good.  She is a REAL piece of work though.  Gave me 5 scrips that I never used for my last pregnancy and almost had me on the table for a section...
I am 6 wks pg with my 3rd child and planning a UC.  I am rh- and pretty sure dh is rh+.  I am reading that the eldon cards are not reliable.  What are my other options for testing?  What if the baby is rh+ and I need the shot- how would I go about getting a shot of rhogam if I do not have a midwife?  I am planning regular prenatal care with my ob but do not plan on telling her about my uc.  I know I would need it within 72 hrs and all I can think of is to go to the ER......
If you are having a UC, how would you type the baby's blood after birth?  I am planning one for my 3rd that I am 6 wks pg with now, but I am rh- and pretty sure that dh is rh+.