or Connect

Posts by Songy

. they have appts on May 15th where my son is sched to have 2 booster shots each containing two different immunizations (Dtap and polio together, and MMR and varicella together). How could they know the long term effects of these shots yet? Also, why do they vaccinate against chickenpox when we all had it as children and survived it? I'm going to do some more research about all of them before I allow my daughter or son to get any more, but I figured you ladies would...
Oh, wow. Just when I thought I'd heard everything. The unimaginable level of corruption is really starting to get me down.
When we were looking for a name with a second syllable accent, we found that most one syllable names worked as well. It seems that maybe French names might more commonly have an accent on the second syllable. So far, I have thought of Michelle, Rochelle, Cherie, and Margot.
I'm not so sure it will take a major change in the structure of our government. . .look at Mississippi and how those parents have no rights regarding vaccination. They aren't in an uproar. That is just how it is there. If change happens slowly enough, people dont notice. (As the quote earlier suggested.) For example, my generation had chicken pox and I often here peers say they think the chicken pox vax seems silly, but they don't question MMR bc they grew up with the...
Boy or girl? No idea about welsh/gaelic ones, we used Louise and considered Lauren, pronounced with the accent on the 2nd syllable (like ralph lauren.)
2 cases. Wow, that is trully an epidemic! Let's make sure we scare evryone and condemn non-vaxxers in one breath!
I saw this too.  First, Offit said that they were already unvaccinated. Then, he said it would be unethical to do a study because you can't not vaccinate a child.  I wish the interviewer would've backed up and re-questioned him on this inconsistency. Interesting how Offit says that you can't use the studies from animals and cells to predict what will happen to children.  Then, he says you can't do studies with children because it is unethical.  Okay, lets just give it to...
What a relief! (Seriously!) I'm glad you don't care when others don't vaccinate. Lately, it seems, many pro-vaxxers feel it is their mission to convince others to vaccinate.
This reminds me of two different articles on birth: one mentioned how Louisiana has some of the least midwife and out-of-hospital-friendly laws. The other mentioned how the same state has some of the worst birth outcomes for mothers and baby. Coincidence? Unlikely. In any case, it seems the laws in place aren't HELPING the problem and the "powers that be" are focusing their efforts in the wrong direction. I would say that it is probably similar for MS and WV. Even if...
This annoys me to no end! I don't know how we got here. . . where everything a girl wears has to have pink on it. We are at the point where if you see a child wearing a red, orange, or green coat, for example, you automatically assume it is a boy.  That isn't the same with adult women - my coat is red and it doesn't come off as a men's coat.  It is so hard to find clothes that is somewhere between ultra boy and ultra girl.  We do shop the boy section for some things -...