or Connect

Posts by dharmamama

1. How do you know they will fit your face/look good? I looked at frames online, picked a pair I liked, printed off the pic, took it to the eye doctor, tried on the frames, found they looked terrible, picked a pair of frames I liked at the eye doctor, went home and ordered similar frames online! Oh, and they have sizing charts online. 2. quality? have you been happy? I'm thrilled with them. They are the best pair of glasses I have ever had. I usually keep my...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovemyfamily6 I've never had a FP before, hopefully it's not too hard. Make sure you get a glass one. The plastic ones crack quickly due to the boiling water. dm
Quote: Originally Posted by lovemyfamily6 I really miss my hot drink in the morning though. I liked my coffee with some sugar and a good amount of soy creamer. I tried a couple kinds of hot tea, but I just don't love it like I did my coffee. I like hot drinks in the morning, too. Have you tried Celestial Seasoning's Roastaroma tea? I think it's a lot like coffee. My kids drink chocolate almond milk every morning. You can get it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Starr So do we continue to let her make the story up as she sees fit? Yes. Let her tell her story her way. Then say something like, "I know you wish it happened that way." And, if applicable to you, "Sometimes I wish that, too." And then let it go. That's what I'd do. I don't think it will get you anywhere arguing with a two year old. I don't think she is contradicting you or not hearing you. I think she is...
Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma It is very offensive to describe an African-American as an ape. Those of us who are privileged not to have heard the full-range of racist insults don't always realize what terms racists commonly use. Ok, but Danny (in the Ramona book) was not African American. He was rambunctious. No one was referring to anyone African American. Btw, I see that mothering bleeped out the word *****rdly. (That's...
$39. I bought them from 39dollarglasses.com. I got my eyes examined at an eye doctor's office, got a copy of my prescription, walked right past those ridiculously expensive frames and out the door, went home to my computer, and placed my order. They came 3 days later. They are the best pair of glasses I have ever had. And by far the cheapest. I actually got a pair of sunglasses, too, for a grand total of $78, because if you order two pairs, shipping is free. dm
I think a lot depends on kids' personalities. I unschool my extremely demanding 6 year old and my "I have to do/say everything my sister does/says" 6 year old (who are not twins) and I find it a challenge to get one-on-one time with them because it is so difficult to separate them. Even if Daddy's going to do something with one while I do something with the other, they each get upset about what they are not getting to do with their sibling/other parent. Yet each one talks...
So Desta was picked (along with four other kids in her grade) by her teacher to go to a school board meeting and read a letter she wrote asking the school board not to change the name and mascot of her school. I was, unfortunately, unable to go as I am watching the kids of a friend of mine who is having a baby (the kids were not supposed to still be here, but, well, here they are!), and dh had a work meeting he had to attend. But I just received calls from two...
I think it's a choice you'll have to make on your own, but I know that recently, I was reading about the Amish and their puppy mills and how some farmers use dead puppies from their mills as fertilizer. dm
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksenia I get that some kids need a type of boundary-setting that would look like punishment to some parents. Yes. 'Round MDC, I have seen punishment so loosely defined that it's anything a child wouldn't freely choose. I don't think that you can define punishment that broadly. I don't think I punish my kids. But I have been told, one more than one occasion here at MDC, that what seems to me like a logical outcome,...