or Connect

Posts by dharmamama

Quote: Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders Does that help explain things? Yes! Yes, very much. Thanks a lot for your comments. I feel the same way when I read about all the different approaches to homeschooling that are out there. A piece of each seems really intriguing and "right" for us, but when I think about trying to fit our lives into homeschooling instead of homeschooling into our lives, I get nervous. Clearly, as a vegetarian, Buddhist,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lakesuperiormom no media...no tv...: a constant rhythm...no plastic toys...no green hair ...no sanity or freetime..... mylittlewonders help! No media? Like no radio? Like no NPR? No books on tape? No tv? No Zaboomafoo? No Wallace and Gromit?? No frickin' Star Wars, for heaven's sake??? If green hair isn't ok, how about blue? And btw, what the heck is a rhythm? Hmmm. I don't think we're good candidates for being...
Quote: Originally Posted by lakesuperiormom enki is a "lifestyle" that requires certain things What kinda things? Huh? Huh? Tell me more!
Quote: Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders But, it seemed that the buy-in to complete Enki was necessary for 1st grade as the curriculum itself was much more involved. Sorry to be a PITA, but can you clarify that a little? Do you mean using only the Enki curriculum is necessary or do you mean actually changing the way your family functions to be an "Enki" family. I have looked at Enki stuff that a friend of mine has (for K) and it looks cool...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brigianna Can he read/write yet? No. We are working on writing (well, on using a pencil and tracing/making shapes and lines, etc.) for OT and he can write his name (sort-of), but he doesn't write and he's nowhere close to reading. However, we did make a stop sign this morning that we put on his oldest sister's door. At first he was very reluctant and very angry, I think because he was embarrassed about being...
Quote: Originally Posted by kannon1004 Does that make sense? Yes! Thanks. I was just wondering what large pieces of water were and how one used them on a wall ... dm
Quote: Originally Posted by Brigianna He may have auditory processing issues, but what you are describing sounds more like a memory problem. A normal memory problem, like "I'm little and my mom expects me to remember too much," or a "We need to see someone to help us with this problem" problem? dm
Quote: Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders This year I wanted to do OM 1 with Enki 1, but have found that I don't like the Enki/can't make it work/don't want to do it. I don't want to hijack the thread, but can you explain more about why you don't like the Enki/can't make it work? Thanks! dm
Quote: Originally Posted by kannon1004 worked with large pieces of water on the wall. Uh ... do what? dm